goblin in your pantry
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Illustration38.png
XTvaYIM.png

My game is finally done! Thank you so much to everyone here who helped me out with testing it! :kaocry:

Synopsis
Crafting system based game where you find items to make spells in order to fight random encounters and bosses.

Screenshots

YK4Joh.png
hyHsJ5.png
2f_Tdx.png
Kb8XIL.png

Story

Astrid & The Witch follows a 70 year old woman named Astrid trying to get her favorite book back after lending it to her new neighbor. Said neighbor,known only as The Witch, is an otherworldly entity hiding in Earths dimension in what she thought was an abandoned house in the middle of the woods. While she can't shake the feeling somethings up with her neighbor, Astrid isn't one to judge someone by how they look.

75439a85-0dd8-46b8-a26d-698efe01da8e_rw_600.png

After this elderly lady manages to break through every one of her wards (and has the audacity to invite her to the neighborhoods weekly book club after doing so),The Witch has no choice but to send Astrid to a different dimension,leaving her to survive against whatever monsters she meets outside of earths physical plane.

Astrid still wants that book,though.

Features

- You are a grandma
- Original 16x16 assets and illustrations!
- Crafting system: Craft spells from resources you find around you
- 4 different maps, 8 different enemies
- Talk down bosses based on their personality.

Credits

Plugins
- Yanfly [site]
- SumRndmDde [site]
- Galv's Scripts [site]
- Mokusei Penguin [site]
- Victor Engine [site]
- Astra Cat [site]
- Burning Orca [site]
- 0zuma [site]
Sound effects are a mix of default se and sounds made with Bfxr. https://www.bfxr.net/

All art by me! :]

Download

DL: Itch.io

Thank you in advance if you give my game a try! :] Its my first time making anything like this and I've had a ton of fun doing it.
fe9f72b9-4ba0-4925-b42c-2c3a471596cf_rw_600.png

Attachments

• XTvaYIM.png
    XTvaYIM.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

leusyth

goblin in your pantry
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Was so scatterbrained the other day that when I was cleaning up the game for export some ended up not making it into the ZIP and caused some glitches during the first battles. Now reuploaded with those files!

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is amazing, your art is beautiful, It reminds me of steven universe/over the garden wall. I honestly can't believe I'm the first reply. I hope you're promoting this game as much as possible, this game deserves to be played and enjoyed by many. I haven't had much time to play as it's pretty late here but I'm going to continue playing and I'll give a more in depth review tomorrow after work. Well done.

leusyth

goblin in your pantry
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is amazing, your art is beautiful, It reminds me of steven universe/over the garden wall. I honestly can't believe I'm the first reply. I hope you're promoting this game as much as possible, this game deserves to be played and enjoyed by many. I haven't had much time to play as it's pretty late here but I'm going to continue playing and I'll give a more in depth review tomorrow after work. Well done.
Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm mostly just promoting by social media & word of mouth as that's the most I can do right now, so i really appreciate any downloads & feedback i can get! ^^

Rubescen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Really enjoyed this! And I made a first impression video (where I nitpick a bit):

Keep up the good work!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making test maps is really illuminating when it comes to figuring out how the real maps should be. It's like the outline that one writes for the story before writing the actual story.
I am adamant about not having missable quests, which means having to write entirely new scenes at each plot progression that takes into account that time and events have passed since the quest could first be accepted while still having there be a quest to solve in the first place. It's worth every second.
Surprisingly useful and thought provoking
Working on animation. Trying to see if I can apply it meaningfully to my games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AstarothPenguin