At what age did you start gaming?

vanillacoke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So basically, as the title says, what age did you start gaming?

What was the first game that you played? What was your favourite game?

For me, I must have been about 4 years old when I started.

My family had everything from Atari to Sega to Nintendo.

I used to play Wrestlemania on the NES, I think that's my first game.

And I loved Super Metroid. :)

echo

It's alright. I was drunk too.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I was very small...  My brother was six years older than me so it was mainly down to him.

I remember a lot of Delta Force.  Lots and lots of Delta Force...

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Around 6 or 7 I think...

Espon

Lazy Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't remember.  Pretty sure I was born with a controller in my hand.

Carillon Nightmares

One-Man Operation
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was fwoi years old and I pwayed hey chu pikachuoo fwo my bwirthday. :p

Jawnsunn

glass cannon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I went into my local pizza parlor with my parents when I was 4 or 5. I saw this huge arcade cabinet and the game that was on it was Metal Slug X.

A game where Hitler works with Aliens was my first game and started my love for the medium. There you go.

SlaveOfThaMind

Game Developer / Musician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
started around 3 or 4, old enough to comprehend this button means jump and this one makes you move. Started playing Atari - Pitfall and Congo Bongo.. then played nes - super Mario bros 1/donkey kong...eventually got each new system ever minus the sega's after genesis and Nintendo after n64 until wii

Dark_Metamorphosis

What a horrible night to have a curse.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I think I got my first Snes (I remember it was during christmass) around the age of 9-10. It came with Super Mario All stars I think :)

That's when I got my very first console, but I did play Nes and amiga (maybe atari) a bit earler than that.

The very first time I played a game.?.. wow, must have been like 4-5 in an arcade hall in Gothenburg (at least from what I have heard from my parents).

Last edited by a moderator:

voymasa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Around 4 or 5 maybe. Playing Pac-Man, Asteroids, Xevious, et al on Atari, then moving up to Mario bros, Super Mario bros (yes there is a difference), Legend of Zelda, etcetera. First RPG was the original US release of Final Fantasy, followed by Dragon Warrior (Dragon Quest in Japan). Yes, I'm an old hat..... love them video games. :rock-left: :rock-right:

Jet Fang

Fang King
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very young, I just remember playing tons of pirated games that I can't find anymore, some I could, like this weird Dragonball Z fighter, and the 100-in-1 cartridge, those were the days.
Oh and I remember my NES being a circle, got confused when I tried to find out what console I was playing on.

voymasa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Very young, I just remember playing tons of pirated games that I can't find anymore, some I could, like this weird Dragonball Z fighter, and the 100-in-1 cartridge, those were the days.

Oh and I remember my NES being a circle, got confused when I tried to find out what console I was playing on.
Ya, I remember those 100 in 1 games for Atari (like Tank Commander :p ). Are you referring to the NES2 (the rounded edge one with a more SNES looking controller)? My NES was the box; I remember unscrewing the cover to try and "fix" it (anyone remember blowing into cartridges all the day long, putting another game on top of it in the slot to hold the game down, etc?)

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
4-5ish for video games, 6-7ish for tabletop rpgs.

vanillacoke

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Monster Rancher!!!!

I had the 2nd one on Playstation.

Putting a disc in to create a monster. :D

I miss cartridges! :(

Jet Fang

Fang King
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ya, I remember those 100 in 1 games for Atari (like Tank Commander :p ). Are you referring to the NES2 (the rounded edge one with a more SNES looking controller)? My NES was the box; I remember unscrewing the cover to try and "fix" it (anyone remember blowing into cartridges all the day long, putting another game on top of it in the slot to hold the game down, etc?)
It's called NES2, Thank you so much, my long long long search has finally come to an end, I've been trying to look for that console, I can't believe it just needed a 2 in the name.

I remember using everything I can, mostly rubbing alcohol, it made the game pink. It was awesome.

Zalerinian

Jack of all Errors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When I was really really young. It started when I was almost four. I played a lot of DK64. So. Much. DK. I still love that game. That and the Banjo Kazooie series (pre-2002, that is). Such well made games.

Lorenze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Six, beginning on Christmas Day (don't remember the year) when I got my Game Boy Advance SP.

I specifically remember Hey Arnold: The Movie being the first game I ever played, which Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom being the second.

Looking back on them now, those were some pretty terrible games.

As for tabletop games, I started late last year with Magic. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
At 5 years old, I started with an Atari (can't exactly remember the model).

voymasa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I was really really young. It started when I was almost four. I played a lot of DK64. So. Much. DK. I still love that game. That and the Banjo Kazooie series (pre-2002, that is). Such well made games.

Six, beginning on Christmas Day (don't remember the year) when I got my Game Boy Advance SP.

I specifically remember Hey Arnold: The Movie being the first game I ever played, which Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom being the second.

Looking back on them now, those were some pretty terrible games.

As for tabletop games, I started late last year with Magic. :p
My God, you guys, you make me feel old. ;_;

At 5 years old, I started with an Atari (can't exactly remember the model).
I only had the 2600 myself. I remember late nights with my brother, flipping the score on Asteroids (it would loop back to 0 once filled with all 9's).

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Played my first game (Sonic the Hedgehog) when I was 6, but that was at some friend's house. Got my own Sega console for my 7th Birthday, that's when I really started gaming.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but a miracle has occurred, and IT'S HAPPENING!!!
xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NateThe8