ATB: Agility Buffs

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Drunken Paladin, Jun 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Drunken Paladin

Drunken Paladin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi folks, I recognize that Yanfly's ATB plugin isn't officially supported anymore, but this problem seemed too basic to be an oversight or a bug. I'm just curious if it's a feature or if I've done something wrong.

When the ATB is enabled and my character applies a buff to their agility, it has no affect on how quickly the ATB bar resolves. Even though it's a minor thing, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    In the plugin there is a setting called "Enable Rubberband". If this is set to "true", then the maximum speed of any battler will be set by the "Maximum Speed" setting below it. If your buff goes well above this, you will notice almost no improvement.

Drunken Paladin likes this.
  3. Drunken Paladin

Drunken Paladin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I don't know exactly why, but by setting the maximum speed to 2 instead of 1.5, it started working. Previously, I was testing vs. an enemy with the same agility score, and no matter what buff amount, the ATBs resolved simultaneously. Sorta mysterious, but it's working now, so thanks for the tip.

4. Johnboy

Johnboy Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yea it takes into account the agility score of every battler on the screen so that players cannot abuse agility buffs by stacking so much that the monsters never get a turn. By changing that number to 2 instead of 1.5 no matter how much agility is stacked, the fastest your battlers can be is double the speed of the lowest agility battler. Not sure why ATB is finishing at the same time with buffed agility though. If you run into any other problems with it you can PM me and I can try to help.