ATB Bar on sideview battlers and Magichange help

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Jaymonius, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Jaymonius

Jaymonius Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey there peeps, me again with some dire need of assistance. The first one I'm trying to tackle shouldn't be too hard, but I'm not a scripting master here, so...

I'm using Yami's Classic ATB with Theo's Animated Battlers, I have the ATB bar on the enemies, but I'm also trying to have it so the ATB bar can be on the heroes as well. 

The other thing I'm trying to do with this as well is when either hero or enemy uses an attack the ATB bar will disappear during the attack animations and then reappear once the animations are finished, is there a way I can implement that?

The 2nd thing I need help with is that I'm doing a Magichange like thing for my game. (Like from Disgaea 3 and onward) Where the hero will fuse with his allies and turn them into a weapon, I got a good idea on how I can do it, but the only thing that I'd need help with is a targeting based script where you can't select the hero, but you can select your allies, because if you select the hero, the skill will do nothing. I hope I explained that right... 

If anyone can give me some help with this, that'd be greeeeeat! 

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2015
    DoubleX likes this.
  2. DoubleX

DoubleX Just a nameless weakling Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    These 2 definitely need additional coding to be done. I'm going to write a separate addon for this, although compatibility fix will be tested only after I've released that addon :)

Edit: If you don't mind the actor atb bar using ENEMY_GAUGE_WIDTH, ENEMY_GAUGE_HEIGHT, ENEMY_BACKGAUGE_COLOUR, ENEMY_ATB_GAUGE_COLOUR1, ENEMY_ATB_GAUGE_COLOUR2, and the y position shift(by ENEMY_GAUGE_HEIGHT) when Yanfly's HP Bar's present, writing that addon would be much easier(otherwise I'd be in exceptionally serious troubles) :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2015
  3. Jaymonius

First Language:
    English
    I don't think that'll be too much of a problem, the same size as the enemies' ATB bar is well and good.

That way I can have the TP bar display where the ATB bar is instead since I'm currently using the yanfly Core Battle system thingie. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015
  4. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Just written this addon. Haven't tested with TSBS yet though :)

5. Jaymonius

First Language:
    English
    Awesome stuff man, thanks for your help and going through all that. Amazing stuff. Fast rate! etc. 

I'll start the experimenting once I finish up some other stuff I'm doing, but I'll be hopping on this right away to give my input once finished. 

Oh yeah, where do I put the @battler != SceneManager.scene.subject part at?

EDIT: Looks like the ATB bar is also not appearing on my heroes, looks like I may need an edit on that part. X_X;

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2015
  6. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Try this instead:

Code:
    CATB_BAR_VISIBLE_COND = "@battler.actor? || @battler != SceneManager.scene.subject"

7. Jaymonius

First Language:
    English
    Still no luck. Was there any updates on your bug fixes by chance that I may need to reapply them? 

8. DoubleX

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You may want to give me your project so I can inspect further :)

9. Jaymonius

First Language:
    English
    Alright, I'll give you a PM shortly.