ATB Encounter system overriding ABS

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by LinkDrako, Aug 20, 2019.

1. LinkDrako

LinkDrako Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For some reason, my ABS system is being overridden by the ATB system. I am building my first project, just to put this into perspective.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? To explain further, when I approach an enemy it goes into ATB instead of allowing me to strike an kill the enemy ABS style.

2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No one will be able to help you until they know which ATB and ABS systems you are using. Please edit your post to include the names and links to the web pages where you got them.

I've moved this thread to Javascript/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

LinkDrako likes this.
  3. LinkDrako

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Chrono Engine. Also, I’m not sure this should be moved to JS as I am not working with scripting, just the plugins themselves. Once I understand the plugins better I can start scripting am coding my own or variations on what already exists.

4. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Still has to be moved as it is related to a question due to a plug-in and not the base engine. To answer your question, ATB and ABS both completely overwrite the battle system and were never meant to work together. You'd have to write a patch to make them work together and that might be impossible due to how much each one changed of the code.

You'll probably have to pick one vs the other.

LinkDrako likes this.
  5. LinkDrako

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Wait, what plugin? From what I read this is in regards to the base chrono engine. Having to do with encounters.

I’m confused now... could you explain a bit further for me?

6. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Chrono engine is a plug-in. Anything that is not default MV is a plug-in. So is ABS. And the two were not meant to work together, due to them both changing the same code.

LinkDrako likes this.
  7. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @LinkDrako
    first, you need to answer the questions you were given above: The links to the websites of both the ATB and the ABS plugins you're using.
    Because without knowing them we can't really help you.

That said, anything placed in the plugin manager is a plugin no matter how it is called, and it would also help if you post a screenshot of your plugin manager for us to see what you have installed and in which order.

8. Restart

Restart Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    For Chrono Engine, Mog coded it so that the 'enemy sensor' parameter would either trigger a chrono trigger style battle OR have enemies turn into ABS battle mode, depending on whether or not 'chrono mode' is enabled.

Check out the sample project - even ignoring the language barrier this isn't well documented, and you basically have to start by transforming Mog's working example to make progress.

You want to swap the combat mode with the plugin commands
    Code:
    chrono_mode : true
    and
    Code:
    chrono_mode : false

LinkDrako likes this.
  9. LinkDrako

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you so much! This is what was causing it. Not sure why everyone else needed more information, but you answered this perfectly.

Basically, the "enemy sensor" command was getting confused.

10. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    because we do not know or have downloaded every plugin in existance, and do not want to waste our limited free time to search the internet as a condition before being able to help you, if you could simply give us that link.

No one here is paid to help anyone else, and if someone wants to get help from us (instead of us working on our own projects), we expect that someone to make things easy for us to help him, instead of him wasting our time by requiring us to search the internet to even see what the problem is about.

Think about it for sometime: If you do not give the links, then only those who know the same plugins can even start to try to help you instead of everyone trying to help you.