RMMV Ateres Revival

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by beliziam, Apr 5, 2018.

1. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my first rpg maker project. Well not the first per se but the first I really intend to finish. I started the rpg making thing in the year 2002 after a German gaming magazine featured a rpg maker 2000 game. Since then I worked on several ideas and prototypes which never went anywhere because of my high ambitions. This project started in 2004 and since then I worked occasionally on it. First on rpg maker 2003 later on xp then vx ace and since 2016 on mv. I scrapped years of work multiple times because of my ambitions with the game. Now with rpg maker mv its accessibility and modability through plugins and html5 and the many available resource packs I’m able to make something i can be happy with.

This project will probably not feature custom sprites and Artworks or fancy battlers. I’m no artist, musician or programmer. But i'm pretty good at editing stuff and using some good old school tricks. 15+ years with the various rpg makers helped me a lot of stuff :p. This is my hobby and I won’t invest a lot of money in the game besides resource packs.

[​IMG]

This is a very basic synopsis of story.

This game is set on the planet Ateres. Ateres is pretty much a fantasy version of early medieval earth.

On Ateres there are two big nations who want to rule the planet. The republic of Ascanter and the Darcia shogunate. Both nations are fighting each other for the goal of world domination for hundreds of years. 20 years before the game starts both nations clashed in a huge final battle which ended in a draw. The armies of both nations were completely killed and in order to recover a truce agreement was made.

Ascanter and Darcia are close to get to full strength again and the tension is rising. Who will be first to strike and break the truce.

The game is centered around Varus Thanos a young soldier who finished his basic training and is now on his way to the Eisenhardt military academy in order to become a military officer.

about.png

Ateres Revival will be a true JRPG with heavy focus on it’s world, story, characters and exploration. Besides that the game will focus on puzzle heavy dungeons and a basic turn based fight system. The game will feature a weapon upgrade system based on resources you can collect around the world.

The game is currently in an early development phase. The pre production is close to be finished. That means all plugins and features and groundwork stuff is nearly complete. The Intro is playable and only lacks some polishing. I'm currently producing content for chapter one. A demo will be released after chapter one is done.

3.png

• NPC’s are getting constantly updated to reflect the progression in the game and its world
    • Custom Menu
    • Questlog System
    • Weapon Upgrade System
    upgrademenu.png
    • No closed doors! If there is a door you can enter it somehow.
    • Openable closets!
    Schrank.gif

screenshots.png

[​IMG]

Eingang Orden.png

angriff.png

Küche.png

library full.png

Schmiede.png

reitweg.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    luzi, TWings, Low and 2 others like this.
  2. Alastor01

Alastor01 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Nice mapping!
    Like your weapon upgrade menu, as well as those sleek animated wardrobe doors ;)

beliziam likes this.
  3. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for the feedback :D

Update:

I'm currently working on the first dungeon of the game. The base mapping is done and I'm adding puzzles, encounters and some parallax details.

Today I worked on this map:

[​IMG]

The statues for the switch aren't final. There will be a Boss fight in the room with the stairs.

To enhance the map i build a little trap in the corridor after the switch puzzle. The encounter has yet to be added:

luzi and Alastor01 like this.
  4. Alexander Hawksmoor

Alexander Hawksmoor Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah, a fellow fsm tileset user, I salute you good sir.
    I notice that it looks like you've used some of white dragon's cobwebs, but I see some I don't recognise, have you done some more edits to them cause if you have they look well done.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  5. beliziam

beliziam Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Germany
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes that are white dragon's cobwebs. I made some very minor edits.