First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Trailer:

Buy here:

STEAM - $5.99 / £4.79

[SIZE=14pt]General Features:[/SIZE]

·      Direct sequel to Atonement: Scourge of Time.

·      Explore the alternate timeline, where the final outcome of the first game took a grimmer turn. Characters you’ve known already will not be the same. Friends will become enemies, and enemies will become friends.

·      Regenerating energy battle mechanic is back! Carefully manage how you spend your energy as some skills can leave you dry very fast!

·      No level ups or experience points! Similar character progression to City of Chains – gain skill points upon completing quests and choose which battle skills or passive abilities to learn.

·      Non-linear gear progression. Equipment system now consists of enchantments that you can find all over the world. Use these to customize your character’s offensive and defensive bonuses to your liking.

·      All enemy encounters are visible, so you can tackle them when you’re ready. Some passive abilities will allow you to bypass battles without needing to fight.

·      In addition to the main party’s story arc, witness flashbacks from a distant past, where you get to control a second party. Any decisions you make during these scenes will have an impact on the present.

[SIZE=14pt]Story:[/SIZE]

Three weeks have passed since the events of Atonement: Scourge of Time. The world was saved… or so it seemed. Whilst keeping a low profile, Elleria began to notice strange occurrences – ominous dreams, a persistent weakness, and mysterious portals coming out of nowhere.

Before long, she and her allies find themselves in an alternate timeline – a timeline where events took a grimmer and more depressing turn, with familiar characters no longer being the same, and Elleria herself being at the centre of it all.

Wanting nothing more than to simply return to her home timeline, Elleria will have to face her fears, her lineage, and herself, in order to overcome treacherous hazards, eldritch secrets, fallen angels, overwhelming odds, and maybe, just maybe, save others in the process.

Demo:

This is a very short demo, under 30 minutes in length, just to give you a taster of what the game is like so far. Requires VX Ace RTP to play.

Click Here to download! (~57 MB)

[SIZE=14pt]Characters:[/SIZE]

Team 1

Team 2

Some of the major NPCs and villains

[SIZE=14pt]Screenshots:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Other Stuff:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt] [/SIZE]When doing the 'Darkness' voice for the game, I made several versions, and only ended up using one of them, so here are a couple of others in case anyone wants to use them (you can use them however you like, commercially or non-commercially).

Darkness Voice 1

Darkness Voice 2

If anyone wants me to make more voice sounds like these, perhaps for other spells, let me know and I'll be happy to make them.

Also, here is some of the game music made by Scythuz:

Credits:

DEVELOPED BY:

Matthew Ashworth (Matseb2611)
of Astronomic Games

PUBLISHED BY:

New Reality Games

SOFTWARE:

RPG Maker VX Ace
by Kadokawa and Enterbrain

ART:

PVGames
Hyde Productions
Timmah
Kadokawa
Enterbrain
Mundywoof
Matthew Ashworth

MUSIC:

Benjamin 'Scythuz' Carr
Jewelbeat.com
Darren Curtis (Desperate Measurez)
8th Mode Music
Joel Steudler
Silverhoof
Allen Grey
Simon 'Iron Croc' DLSea
RealiTunes
CineMedia
Monochrome Effect
FxPro Sound
JDB Artist

SOUND FX:

Benjamin 'Scythuz' Carr
Joel Steudler
NoizFXed
oMusic
Blinn_Disabled
Robot Sound
DivoFST
Ghetty
Sound-Ideas
Jabameister
Flat Cat Studio
Tiba SFX
Matthew Ashworth

SCRIPTS:

Yanfly
Dekita
Galv
Modern Algebra
Neon Black
Syvkal
Fomar
Todd
Vlue
Wavelength
Shaz
Bgillisp
Tsukihime
SiChainlinks
Zeriab
Jet

STORY & CHARACTERS:

Matthew Ashworth

TESTERS:

The Stranger
Palladinthug
Cabfe
Inoss

Last edited by a moderator:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
At last, the sequel!

Elleria's ending in Atonement 1 raised some questions. I hope we'll know more about her legacy.

An alternate timeline, impacts on the present... That will help the replayability.

Possible spoiler so feel free to ignore, but will there be different endings or do you prefer to control the storyline like in the previous installment?

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks Cabfe.

Yeah, I've been considering of making multiple endings (still not 100% sure, but quite likely), since I have an idea of what they will be. Just not sure at the moment whether I'd make the player simply make a choice at the very end or whether make the ending depend on player's previous choices.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks Cabfe.

Yeah, I've been considering of making multiple endings (still not 100% sure, but quite likely), since I have an idea of what they will be. Just not sure at the moment whether I'd make the player simply make a choice at the very end or whether simply make the ending depend on player's previous choices.
The "choice at the very end regardless of previous choices" à la Deus Ex Human Revolution / Mass Effect 3 (just to mention a couple recent games) didn't get good reception.

I think it'll be better to have either a straight, controlled storyline or make the past choices have an impact.

That's also something to consider soon, as writing the story would become a very different task depending on what you decide to do.

One more thing, if you want to make a 3rd Atonement, you'll have to manage the different endings (or decide on which one is canon).

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that's a good point. Making a choice at the end kind of makes previous choices feel void, and I can see how that would annoy the players. And you're right, multiple endings would make it hard to have any sequels after this one. It's the main reason why I am still hesitant about having multiple endings. I might still have to think on this. I wasn't initially planning on making choice and consequence a big aspect of gameplay here (as I was planning with City of Chains), but the idea of having some of it is tempting. I might only keep the C&C to in-game events and only have one ending. After all, I don't want to dilute the story too much into multiple branches.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Screenshots of the optional areas in Act 1. Each act will have some sidequests, which will not only empower you and get you some shiny gear, but also shed some light on the events that occurred in this alternate timeline.

AwesomeCool

Bratty and spoiled little sister
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I agree with @cabfe, all the past choices should dictate the ending and not just one choice in the end.

I shouldn't go through the game as a selfish jerk, but suddenly have a change of heart at the last choice (and people shouldn't have a sudden change of heart for the jerk either). A selfish jerk would not even care to listen to that choice and heck, who would even bother giving him/her that choice?

Not to say something like that couldn't work.

Ex:

Jerk spends the whole game trying to resurrect his dead wife at the expense of everything else and at the very end his wife says she would rather stay dead and leave the world be as beautiful and peaceful as she loved it when she was alive (rather then come back and be miserable seeing the world in ruins).

Player then can choose to sacrifice the only person he loves for the world (and be miserable) or sacrifice the world for his wife (which will end up making her miserable).

Include all the previous choices into it by making them impact how the two interact with each other and what the jerk is actually thinking to himself (ex: feeling regret, feeling all the work he did didn't matter in the end, second thoughts, or having all his previous choices reinforce his views, sees the world as broken and based on the principle of selfishness anyway, increased determination).

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Damn me, I should check this section more often because I totally missed this one. Looking good though! Alternate timelines, I'm sold already (it's a fascinating concept!). I'm glad you are exclusively focusing on Elleria here, she was my favourite in the first game and has some good potential, will post again with some thoughts and impressions about the demo.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks guys! The first Atonement has been received pretty well on Steam so far, but I sure hope this sequel will surpass the first. Elleria's party and side of the story was liked more than Nail's by most players, so I figured it'd be good to have them as central protagonists. Adding in also the skill progression system that I used in City of Chains, which many players liked better than the standard level ups, and hopefully, fingers crossed, I've picked the best features of all my previous games for this one. :)

LemonIceCream

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Yes! Finally!

I really liked the first Atonement, really looking forward for the second one.

I'm just kinda sad that we won't be able to play as Nail again... While I did prefer Elleria's team, I think I'm going to miss playing from two different perspectives...

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you LemonIceCream. :)

There is going to be a bit of 2nd team involvement, though it will happen across time. The 2nd team will be led by Adesard's daughter and we'll get to see some important events of that time which are relevant to the present. There will also be some choices in those sections, and those will have an impact on the present time which will be witnessed by Elleria's team.

Luiishu535

Coffee Machine Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As always, Mr. Matseb continues to inspire me with his frequent game releases. This looks really cool as well, especially those sexy battlebacks. Keep on doin' what you do, sir!

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much, Luiishu. I really appreciate it. (The battlebacks are from the High Fantasy packs). Hopefully your projects are going well too. :)

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: So I've completed working on Act 1! I might start sending out a demo to special playtesters either today or tomorrow. Here are some screenshots of the last few areas of Act 1:

Temple of Easara

Guardian enemies in the temple

Battling a fallen angel

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"Stay still and I'll make it quick".

That's the same kind of sentence as "Wait!" when a bad guy is fleeing.

I wonder if someone actually did it for real :)

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Update: I've finished working on Act 2 of the game and have some screenshots of locations (both main story and sidequest related) for you all.

A pushing puzzle in one of the shrines:

The Capital Streets

The Capital Castle interior... or what's left of it:

And some battle screens:

And one from Acaldia's scenes:

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Did you use an overlay for the shadows on the walls and ground, or are the tiles like this by default?

I like how subtle the effect is, just like it should be.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I'm using a sort of smoke-looking overlay that's slowly moving in most of these locations. Gives it a more realistic feel, I think. :)

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow!  I can't believe I missed this.  I was deeply waiting for this too, real life is way too distracting.  Lemme see if I can get the demo this weekend and give some feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kubet88net