Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
^Thanks for those, man. Scythuz would be very pleased to see the 'Great Soundtrack' tag. :p

Atonement seems to be doing well so far. Already got its first positive review.

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've just received an email from DailyIndieGame saying I've got a Steam key for this, and that the reason I've got it is because I bought Atonement from them.  Is this in any way legit?  My question arises from the fact that

1) I didn't buy it from them, I got it elsewhere

2) the address is Roumania

Put those 2 things together and it looks suspicious.

Just thought I'd give a heads up.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for letting me know, Ksjp. I know that New Reality has been sending out Steam keys recently to all those who bought the game prior to Steam release, though the fact it's coming from Romania is quite weird indeed. I'll ask New Reality about this and see what he says.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I started Atonement this weekend, if RL lets up a little I'll try to finish it and let you know what I think. Currently just got to the start of chapter 3 in Nail's story.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
^Oh nice. Hopefully you're enjoying it. :)

Thoraxe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been playing this over the last few days.  I've completed it with Nail, now about to start the final bit with Elleria.

Really enjoyed it, although the 2 optional bosses were a bit tricky.

I notice that other than the 2 Elleria completion Steam achievements, I have one left, Humiliation, "Teach Sugel a lesson".  What do I need to do to get this?  The captured man Elleria finds is named Sughel, so I'm guessing it's something to do with him?

Thanks,

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Thoraxe. Thanks for checking out the game. Glad you've been enjoying it.

Here's how to get Humiliation achievement:

If you helped Sugel earlier in the game, then in the late stages of the game, if you travel to the Capital and go to the left-most map on there (where Nail's team does the Rat Trouble side quest), you'll see Sugel with a couple of personal bodyguards there. He'll demand his ring back and then attack you. It's a very easy fight though. :p

Thoraxe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you, all done now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Time to admit incompetence.

I have a bit of free time, so I thought I would pick this up again, but I am stuck at the part where I came to a halt originally.

I'm in Fort Caskell, up the stairs, and have to get past the ghosts popping up and down through the floor.  I have interacted with 3 swords so far, but I cannot get past the damned things to get to the next sword.  If it's a question of timing, I clearly haven't got it.

Any tips?

Bonkers

Bioware, do you need a nap?
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Time to admit incompetence.

I have a bit of free time, so I thought I would pick this up again, but I am stuck at the part where I came to a halt originally.

I'm in Fort Caskell, up the stairs, and have to get past the ghosts popping up and down through the floor.  I have interacted with 3 swords so far, but I cannot get past the damned things to get to the next sword.  If it's a question of timing, I clearly haven't got it.

Any tips?
This is where I got stuck in the demo, and I mentioned this a few times during the play testing.  It's definitely not intuitive.  My advice is to keep touching the swords, back and forth throughout the room.  Since the correct order is spread out over the length of the map it's a bit more confusing than the other switch puzzles later on.  Thankfully this is the only part of the game where you have this sort of sequence.

I believe you are missing a way forward try the swords in a different sequence too.  I tried hitting them with all combinations: There are 6 - 3x2x1.

Reactions: Kes

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thank you so much for that.  It was enough for me to get through.  I remember spending a lot of time on that bit when the game first came out, and to find myself in the same pickle again was not a joy.  Now onwards.

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I think the bit that gets everyone is that some of the swords aren't meant to be activated, since they "activate" ghosts which were otherwise idle. So if you notice a new ghost pops up when you activated one of the swords, then deactivate it right away. But point taken. I'll try to keep the puzzles a bit more intuitive from here on. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Would you pay monthly for your pc if you'd get "free" upgrades every 2 years?
well, I definitely have a type, cute redheads with medusa piercings, met and hit it off with two of them in the last 72 hours, what does it mean lol?
Damian Floyd increased the grand prize for the Driftwood Jam to a $75 steam GC!!! Thank you Damion! :)
Is everybody using their imagination?
5th Annual Driftwood Jam! $25 Steam gift card grand prize :D https://itch.io/jam/5adj

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrzo