RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So, a thing I've been thinking about is having enemies react to normal or even special attacks like in Chrono Trigger.

Like, is there a method where "X enemy is hit with [player attack], forcing them to react" either through conditional branches or scripts?

Ex. Boss is in a defending stance but the instant you hit them, it launches a devastating attack in return. That sort of thing.

gsuk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe you could add a state to each of your weapons so that when you attack any enemy, it inflicts them with that state (the state doesn't actually have to do anything). Then you could create a common event that checks whether the boss is inflicted with that state. If so, use Force Action to make it unleash the attack, then remove the state.
This might not be the most efficient method, but is probably what I'd try first.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I did this in RPG Maker MV, but I'm fairly certain it'll work with VX Ace as well.

Every attack was given a state that inflicts (no icon, extremely low priority so everything else trumps it, state lasts like 1 turn). No enemies are immune to this state. Being inflicted with the state produces no text.

Then, under the troop attacks, I just put in there, "If has X state, use Y skill".

If you want it to work with a defense state... you could just set the Defense State to make the enemy weak to these hidden states and make them completely immune to the hidden states while they're NOT defending.

It sounds a lot more complicated than it actually is.

You really need only make the priority high on the attack from being inflicted with the invisible state so that it uses the skill you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smeinela