Attack disproportionately high?

Badviper

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to rpg maker, so I'm just fiddling around for the most part. I've been playing around with classes now and have a class that should start out at 10 att at level one. Yet when I go into the game to test it, the character, who has no equipment that alters the attack parameter, and no traits that increase attack value, shows to be 20. Is there some part of the formula that I'm missing?

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The default attack formula is
Actor's Attack x 4 - Enemy's Defense x 2
Which mean, your 10 attacks is multiplied by 4 = 40
Your enemy defense is probably 10 x 2 which = 20
So you get 20.

You can alter the attack formula by changing the first skill in the skill tab.

Badviper

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh. I see. Looks like that was it. There are a lot of nooks and crannies to hide numbers in. Thanks. ^^

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter