Aphotic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making a class, Duelist, that I want to be able to make one attack and then one Flourish (e.g., fencing techniques like a riposte or fleche) in the same turn.

I've accomplished this with Yanfly Instant Cast, but I don't want one of these actions to take place over priority. For example, if I make Attack an Instant Cast for the class and then disable Attack afterwards, Attack takes place outside of turn order, which I don't want.

I messed around with giving Attack Rate +100% on an Auto Passive, but this allows the class to either Attack twice or use two Flourish skills, which I also don't want.

Does anyone have any ideas how to make either system work, or have an idea for an alternative system?

Aphotic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have noticed that Attack Rate +100% still doesn't allow the player to Attack twice per se, but they can still select Attack twice.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was recently building a kind of similar system. My solution was actually "backwards". I used Yanfly's Instant cast but also Olivia's OTB
Because now every skill gets executed immediately after selection the instant casts don't seem "out of order" anymore :rswt

Aphotic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was recently building a kind of similar system. My solution was actually "backwards". I used Yanfly's Instant cast but also Olivia's OTB
Because now every skill gets executed immediately after selection the instant casts don't seem "out of order" anymore :rswt
I could see potentially using this, but my preference would be not to fundamentally change the battle system. If there isn't a more satisfactory solution I will definitely look into utilizing this!

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i didnt understand the problem... let me take a guess:

you have the default battle system, which is everybody selects their actions at the beginning of each turn.
then you also have instant cast in which gives a battler an instant action upon the beginning of each turn (provided some setup) and then the turn proceeds with its normal flow for every battler considering speed and other things.
and you want the extra action for this class to be executed when the normal action would be executed (right before or right after it).

if so, using yanflys plugins, i would suggest:

create a instant skill and name it whatever you need it to be.
using weapon unleash plugin, make it so that the instant skill replaces the attack based on class, level, state or whatever you need it to be.
this attack skill only adds a state to the battler, animations and other details are optional. set the state to be auto removed by the end of the turn.
create the other skill and name it whatever you need it to be.
using action sequence packages plugins, make it so that if the state above is present, animation for the 2 skills will be played when this 2nd skill executes, with damage for each and whatever each one needs to meet your needs. remove the state by the action end, to be sure. if not present, just one animation and proper damage.

Aphotic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ended up bringing out the wallet for this and it works beautifully. :p

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
hows the battle system and instant actions working? the free versions of olivias and yanflys werent compatible.

eomereolsson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have the paid versions, but with those I didn't encounter any incompabilitys. Have you tried reordering them? And havebyou verified that the incompatibility is between these plugins specifically (no other plugins involved)?

oooNUKEooo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
br portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i kind of tried it a long time ago... the issue was that with olivias system, the instant skill would be executed fine, but as soon as i executed a normal skill afterwards, game would crash. if i kept executing instants, one after another, everything was fine.

i remember trying to reorder things but pretty much olivias were on the bottom of the list and yanflys were as ordered in his website.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.
3 days until release!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INKYLIKE