Attack skills that aren't the default basic attack skill aren't using non-magic SV animations like they're supposed to

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not entirely sure how to elaborate on this besides providing pictures and a demonstration video of what's happening.
SV Animations 1.png
both "Attack" skills are set to "Normal Attack" in its animation slot and both are classified as "Skills" in the skill type.
SV Animations 2.png
Here you see the "sword" weapon type set to "Swing - Futuristic Sword" instead of the chanting animation, and that the "Skills" skill type isn't in the "[SV] Magic Skills" area.
And yet the "Attack" in the skill window isn't using the motion animation like its supposed to.

What am I doing wrong here? How do I rectify this so that skills in the "Skills" box use attack motions?

Using Steam Copy, Version 1.6.2

Mordridakon

I am a dragon!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a similar problem, where the weapon-specific standard attack animation player(in this case, a gun), but I use dual attack, and it plays the sword animation instead of the gun animation.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unfortunately you cut away important information about your skills, so I can't check why they're working that way.
Instead I'll give a description on how the engine is supposed to handle things.

The selection of the animations is first based on what the skill has set as animations and as states.
If the skill is set to a specific animation, that animation is played.
If the skill is set to "normal attack animation" then that means the engine will look at the equipped weapon and the skill type of the skill.
If the skill type is set to SV Magic in the database, the weapon will be ignored
If not, the used animation will be based on the type of the weapon equipped by the actor.
And that is what you set in the system tab, which animations are set to which weapon type.

There are only two places where that can be redirected: either the equipped weapon has a different type than you assumed, or you have a plugin that overrides the defaults. For example yanfly's battlecore is known to override the settings with its own and the action sequence programming.

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
unfortunately you cut away important information about your skills, so I can't check why they're working that way.
Instead I'll give a description on how the engine is supposed to handle things.

The selection of the animations is first based on what the skill has set as animations and as states.
If the skill is set to a specific animation, that animation is played.
If the skill is set to "normal attack animation" then that means the engine will look at the equipped weapon and the skill type of the skill.
If the skill type is set to SV Magic in the database, the weapon will be ignored
If not, the used animation will be based on the type of the weapon equipped by the actor.
And that is what you set in the system tab, which animations are set to which weapon type.

There are only two places where that can be redirected: either the equipped weapon has a different type than you assumed, or you have a plugin that overrides the defaults. For example yanfly's battlecore is known to override the settings with its own and the action sequence programming.
tested it again with all the plugins disabled. They're still not using the same animation even with the plugins disabled, which indicates that they're not the problem.

As for the equipped weapon type, that shouldn't be a problem because both the normal attack and the "special attack" are set to the "normal attack" animation. If I labeled the weapon type incorrectly, neither of the animations should be using the swipe animation.

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue is that using the "Normal Attack" animation doesn't create the motion. It indicates what to show on the enemy. A plugin is required to create the motion on any skill other that the default attack. Yanfly's Action Sequences works well to that end.

FirestormNeos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The issue is that using the "Normal Attack" animation doesn't create the motion. It indicates what to show on the enemy. A plugin is required to create the motion on any skill other that the default attack. Yanfly's Action Sequences works well to that end.
Oh good, so it's not my project being weird. Phew!

Is there a non-yanfly plugin that achieves this?

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm sure you could find one with a bit of looking. I recommended Yanfly's because it's the one I'm most familiar with, but if you look online, there are other options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dito11