Panda_Artist

Humble RPG Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Good Morning / Day / Afternoon / Evening everyone.

I have a request for a snippet.

I was wondering if it was possible to have a snippet on that would do the following:

1. Being able to to play at least 4 seperate attack animations for each "attack time+"

If this isn't too difficult I would really appreciate the help

Last edited:

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you using a sideview system?

Panda_Artist

Humble RPG Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No. Frontview.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is this for the actor, or is this for the enemy? (probably easier for the enemy)
If you have 4 different animations, does it play in a certain order or randomized?

Panda_Artist

Humble RPG Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is this for the actor, or is this for the enemy? (probably easier for the enemy)
If you have 4 different animations, does it play in a certain order or randomized?
I will be specific for what it would be used for.

There is an auto-ability (a passive skill) in my game called X-Attack, that would allow you to use a normal attack more than once, once you level up that ability at it's highest level you will attack the enemy 4 times. However, I wish I could have more control over the attack animations.

Randomized is okay but I would like some input on exactly which animation ids I want to put for each actor. Let's say like: A sequence of 5 animations for each different actor, especially because actors can share abilities in my game. Think of the 2XCut or 4XCut Materia in Final Fantasy 7

And yes, sorry but it's for the actors. I understand if it's hard. Thanks for your replies and your effort!

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Reminds me later this weekend or keep bump this thread in case I forgot.
I've got a better idea for a new script. But I wouldn't guarantee the compatibility among a lot of scripts.

Panda_Artist

Humble RPG Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Reminds me later this weekend or keep bump this thread in case I forgot.
I've got a better idea for a new script. But I wouldn't guarantee the compatibility among a lot of scripts.
Not a problem, I appreciate any help.

Let me explain further, the ability is assigned to passive states. the states are what gives them the ability to attack more than once.

I programmed it like this, as you level up the ability you get 3 different passive states: 2XCut, 3XCut and 4XCut, each state gives them a +1 attack time

so all 3 passive states on, enables them to attack 3times plus the default attack.

I hope this helps

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Panda_Artist I know that Theo asked you to "keep bumping this thread", but you are only allowed to bump your post after 72 hours have passed since the last message (see Rule 4 in the Forum Rules). Please do not bump your thread again unless 72 hours have passed since the last post. You could PM him as a reminder if he's okay with that.

Panda_Artist

Humble RPG Fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I understand, next time. I will wait 72 hours.

My apologies.

TheoAllen

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In case you missed my status post. This is what I had in mind. This is not to satisfy your particular request, but it could be used to do what you want to do.

The idea behind the script is to allow "action sequence" in frontview battle
So you could play two animations, or three, or manipulating the hit times based on the condition you specified, which it usually only doable in side view action sequence.

P.S:
We can move this into discord, just DM me.
The script is already working, but I haven't written the clear documentation or even making a showcase demo. In which, that is the whole reason I haven't publicly posted this yet, but I could give you the prototype and see what you think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

// Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
// Didn't install Elfkisser.
Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
I was just high-fiving myself for all I've learnt in the engine, and how far I've come, only to forget to remove the Immortal state from a semi-scripted battle. Now the enemy never dies and I feel so smart >.>
Playtest your stuff. Always playtest.
just spent FOREVER troubleshooting an issue with my keyboard... turns out the cord was just loose OTL
I count on someone one time, I let them promise something to me, and one week later it's complete silence as I'm completely let down. I hate everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gremter