ATTENTION!! Check your resources if it's posted here!

Elliott404

NotRookieGamedev. NotAdvancedEither.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a website that posts recources (tilesets, sprites, iconsets, etc), both paid and free, uncredited, and possibly without permission too. Check if your resources (especially the paid ones) are in there, and request to remove them.
https://rpgtileset.com/

It has come to my attention that there are also ripped materials posted in there too, which could lead to a conclusion that they don't do any research, they just find and post there.

Last edited:

Elliott404

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sadly yes. The least we can do is raise awareness.

ImaginaryVillain

"Hero" of Light, now with cool hat!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not condoning piracy, but I did notice there's a clickable red name below each that leads to whoever made it. So there's at least some credit but I highly doubt they got any permission for any of it. The good news is you can follow those links and report to the people whose art it is and have them request it's removal. Or better yet, file a copyright claim with Google. Enough of those can seriously hurt a web site's SEO. :LZSwink:

Elliott404

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While it's nice that they credited some ppl, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they posted paid materials to pirate them.

Kauzz

Hello!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, the owner of this site contact me few months ago asking for share my tiles on this website, but just with links and screenshots.
I thought it was the same for all these resources... (or no...)

Soulrender

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
But there is another problem, some resources available in interenet are signed by many different persons, so for potential "taker" it's difficult
to tell who has most of rights for specific resource. I give you simple example, I recently changed wallpaper on my desktop and I found the same image with several different watermarks claiming copyrights. Now you tell (guess) who is original owner?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't see any pirated resources on there. It mostly looks like freebies from this forum. I can see loads of @Avery's stuff on there, some things made by @CallMeKerrigan, a few things by @Sturmfels, a fair few assets made by @PandaMaru, and some of @whtdragon's resources. One kinda looks like it might be using bridges, roofs, and what not from Celianna's Ancient Dungeons base pack, but I can't be sure. I'm not sure if the artists who are linked have given permission for their stuff to be displayed on that site though.

Which resources are pirated?

Last edited:

Elliott404

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@The Stranger
As someone who've seen and bought some Celianna's tileset, I can 100% confirm that there are both, the Fantastic Buildings and the Ancient Base pack.
Even if what they're mostly creditted, freebies, they still did not take permission considering some reactions from twitter.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Elliott404 It's the one called 'Retro Medieval City', right? That's the one I thought looked like it contained stolen assets from Celianna's packs. I did a reverse image search for it, and even Google claims it's from the Fantastic Buildings pack. lol.

Update: I've just found the originals on Google which have Celianna's signature\watermark on them, and a link to her own website. So yeah, those ones are definitely stolen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They are also offering ripped assets from Pokemon (and other games in the icons) and claiming they're free for commercial use. That's... kinda problematic.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Marian Hurricane That's true. Although, someone on DeviantArt (the user linked under those assets)claims to have created them. Not sure how true that is. I don't think that the owners of Pokemon (Nintendo is it?) would care if they did create them either.

Elliott404

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Not all resources has "do not redistribute"." Is probably the dumbest response I've ever seen so far... You still can't just take others stuff without permission... That's common sense....

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"Not all resources has "do not redistribute"." Is probably the dumbest response I've ever seen so far... You still can't just take others stuff without permission... That's common sense....
Apparently not, as often as it seems to happen.

@RoooodWorks : That's nicer than I would have been. I would have told them the arists can DMCA them and their site, so they might want to check all terms immediately.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's not someone who cares to read the fine print. That's someone trying to pretend they aren't getting caught.
"Retro Medieval City" contains some Ancient Dungeons and some of Celianna's free tiles, from what I can tell.
And for some of the "credit" they're giving, it's to some clipart site that's also uploaded a bunch of tiles that weren't theirs. For instance, the combo of two different tilesets from Celianna. So that's two sites involved in this now.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been in contact with the web owner and they said:View attachment 128618

so yeahhh, I don't know what to say to this person. they clearly don't read the fine print to the TOS
If Avery’s stuff is on there, then they are lying. Avery’s terms have always been do not redistribute.

Elliott404

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I asked them to delete Celianna's tilesets with a warning that they could face some legal lawsuit for illegal redistribution.

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Apparently not, as often as it seems to happen.

@RoooodWorks : That's nicer than I would have been. I would have told them the arists can DMCA them and their site, so they might want to check all terms immediately.
Yeah I didn't want to be rude, they might not have known they did something bad. But i gotten back more replies and it just seems like they don't read TOS at all.

LOL he now wants to recruit me... Um not thanks I have no interest in joining haha. upload_2019-12-9_14-55-5.png

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The problem also seems to be that second site, since that's the website it cites as being the source of Celianna's tiles.
Either this guy is genuinely oblivious (because perhaps they think that second site is legitimately the creator - not highly likely, but it's in the list of possibilities), or they know that what they're doing is violating many people's terms of service.
Also, "Do you see any practical use to have all RPG maker mv resources in one place?" - this guy's either oblivious to the fact that there's already a couple sites for that, or they're trying to make excuses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrOrgazm