ATTENTION!! Check your resources if it's posted here!

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
both those reasons is not right XD so yeah, not good. but so long as the artists knows what is happening that's all we can do and to notify google about it maybe and hope to get it sorted someday, both those sites I mean so they are doing terrible things anyway.

Indrah

Megane Berserker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tonbi @Avery @Celianna @whtdragon and Pandamaru (who for some freak reason it won't let me quote, but then again it seems she's not active here) are the ones I could recognise with some quick browsing. (Hopefully this is the correct way to report it to them).

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The site has an "upload asset" button and asks us to write the ToS from the original artist, lol.

From what I've seen, the person who owns the site is genuinely want to make something easier and probably don't know the ethics of redistribution of people's asset. And they might get inspired by https://mvplugins.com/master-list which put all of the assets in one site to make it easier. Good intention, but the wrong approach.

Why not ask them to link to the original source like what Grandmadeb did?

Edit:
The site even has ads, oh well ...

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It probably doesn't help that some of the "sources" are fake. For instance, for the tileset that is a combination of Celianna's tiles, it credits someone named "Jeane_vavy". However, clicking on the red link leads to a clipart site called kissclipart (not sure if I should give a link or not, so I'm erring on the side of caution). The kicker? That specific tileset isn't on that site, as far as I can tell, so perhaps it got removed.
A lot of the other stuff posted on there are renamed to generic names, but they still have things on them that make it very clear that they're RPG Maker resources. Some of them are preview images for resources, too, rather than actual resources.
Interestingly, a lot of the RPG Maker stuff on the clipart site don't have credit on them. There's a "shared by" section, but the sections are blank.
Each one has a "Copyright complaint" link, but it seems it's intended for the copyright holder to send that, not just anyone.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Sleepy Kitten Games : Actually by DMCA law only the holder can file the compliant anyways. This is to stop someone from filing a DMCA against say someone's game just because they don't like it.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheoAllen The difference with mvplugins.com is that the coders uploaded their plugins on that one. It's not a compilation by the site owner.

Tonbi

The cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I sent an email 'Please delete my resources' to rpgtileset.com.

P.S.
I have my resources deleted.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just had a stranger SPRINT away from me in the grocery store. Talk about overreaction...
...I don't think I'm that ugly! ^-^
I wonder if I can go outside ye-

Government: lemme stop you right there
Alright, who's playing Jumanji? And whose turn is it?!
*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrOrgazm