Audio doesn't work at all in mobile browsers

MercWorks

Comic man
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
SO audio in my game works fine on desktop but won't show up at all on my iPhone, in either Safari or in Chrome.
  • I've provided all necessary M4A files and made sure there aren't any spaces in filenames.
  • I'm using all default sound effects, so you'd think those would show up at least?
  • I've disabled all plugins that might be calling external audio files (Action Sequence Pack 1, namely)
  • I've tried both deployed and non-deployed versions on mobile, no dice either way.
Is anybody familiar with this problem?

My game, for reference

Thanks!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RPGMaker MV Deployment. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) how did you create the m4a files?
2) has the original project all audiofiles in both formats?
3) how did you get it on the iphone? by xcode or by browser?

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my android tablet the sound works with no issues. It looks like a compatibility issue with sound codecs to me. But not sure, since I don't use iStuff.

MercWorks

Comic man
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) how did you create the m4a files?
2) has the original project all audiofiles in both formats?
3) how did you get it on the iphone? by xcode or by browser?
I tried two different methods:
First, I used the website convertio.co. This worked fine for MP3 to OGG, and the resulting M4A files worked fine on my desktop. I considered that might be the issue, so I also tried converting via Audacity - still no dice.

Additionally, the stock sound effects won't work on my iPhone either - presumably those shouldn't have any such issues, which leads me to think that it isn't a file conversion issue.

MercWorks

Comic man
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In my android tablet the sound works with no issues. It looks like a compatibility issue with sound codecs to me. But not sure, since I don't use iStuff.
Thanks for checking! I don't have an android so I had assumed that it wasn't working on any mobile - looks like this is strictly an iPhone (possibly iPad) issue.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MercWorks and the answer to my third question?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then it might be a download problem - xcode would create a local program for iOS with local files, but the Browsers habe other settings and still require a download that has delays in it.
Can you test it with xcode? You'll need a Mac and it will only work for your own phone (to load to more than a single device for testing would require an xcode developer licence)

And test the Browser variant with firefox, chrome sometimes has a Problem with its settings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The universe does not want me to do another letsplay it seems... I keep bumping into problem after problem... Oh well. Still have several days to sort them out.
I now have something new to learn. Lesson suggestions?
Finally with a new PC! Now I can do nice things both coding and gaming
nvidia release the IA paint to lsd landscape simulator
i just try , it very fun
"If the lion knew her own strength, hard were it for anyone to rule her". This would be my custom title if I had enough spaces for it. Coming off of personal pain, I'm glad I found the original quote I've tweaked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
negajo