Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, let me explain myself.

I'm running Rpg Maker MV. I uploaded a dropbox ZIP demo of my game after deploying it for Windows. I disabled encryption for audio and images, then I had the unused files removed.

Several days later, I had to go purging my PC of old files, and I accidently deleted the project the deployed game came from. Wanting to finish it, I downloaded the deployed copy, opened it in MV as a project, and everything ran like normally. But suddenly, I began to get audio errors. (Click to go to Imgur to see the entire collection.)
A list of screenshots showing what followed. My Database has the original names of the files from the removed project, the computer files display the audio as normal, but the Resource Manager adds .ogg to the end of the files. When playtested, the program claims that it can't find, for example, "A Moment In Paradise.ogg", even though in both the Database and my PC, it just says "A Moment In Paradise". I get the errors both in my game and in the Dev Console. What...is even going on!?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NEVER, absolutely NEVER work on a game while it is in a cloudsync'ed folder like your onedrive folder in the error messages above.

Basically redownload it from the internet again, that copy of the project is now damaged with files that can't be used anymore.

All RPG-Makers handle their project files like a databasing program does, which means they're always open and always partially rewritten while you're working on them instead of only opened on save. If a cloudsync program tries to access the same file while it is open, the result is a destroyed file.

You can use a clouddrive for distribution only, not for working on those folders.

EDIT:
Additionally, the editor needs all audio and video files in two formats for the different deployment options, and deployment removes the version that is not needed on the target device. You'll have to add the missing audio and video files again after converting them from the existing files.

captainette777

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NEVER, absolutely NEVER work on a game while it is in a cloudsync'ed folder like your onedrive folder in the error messages above.

Basically redownload it from the internet again, that copy of the project is now damaged with files that can't be used anymore.
So if I redownload it from the internet again without touching ANYTHING, will that work, or is it just done? Or maybe just avoid saving it in OneDrive?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if that error destroyed files, you'll need to repair them by redownloading.
after that avoid saving it in onedrive to prevent further errors.

captainette777

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried that, it didn't seem to work. The files are doing the same thing. I don't think it has anything to do with Onedrive.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
as I told in the edit a few days back, you'll need to make sure that all audiofiles are available in both formats again if deployment removed one of the formats.

captainette777

Mad Scientist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, it was a deployment for Windows. What audio type did that remove...?:kaoswt2: Sorry for so many questions.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
simply check which files are still in the project and add the missing ones, the formats are listed in the editors help file.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

You know, after all these years of using RM I've never played To The Moon. With being busy with life and then after my mom died I was too emotionally fragile to play something that heavy. Has anyone played the Switch version? Is there any big differences between that and the RM version?
Today I finished my Lets Play. Gonna have the videos scheduled for daily uploads now. Woo I finished something ^^
*tries to study Emergence of Bangladesh: Ancient Bengal* Matsyanyayam- When the law of punishment is kept in abeyance... okay what? *searches dictionary* oh! Ok. In abeyance, it gives rise to such disorders as is implied in the proverb of fishes i.e the larger fish swallows a small one- wait fishes eat each other!? Is that like... fishy cannibalism!?...Oh! It's 8:30! Time for dinner! *throws book on floor*
Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiregs