Audio Lag Fix

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Fornoreason1000, Jan 2, 2017.

1. DarkEspeon

DarkEspeon Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh. I didn't do battles, I tested events.

2. Fornoreason1000

Fornoreason1000 Black Sheep Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DrJDorian Yanfly's Battle Core doesn't really mess with the Audio (his Core Engine might). all it does is use the SoundManager class to play sounds, which it does 8 times.

As of YF_Battle Core 1.44 and DSEIV_Audiolag fix 0.81 , i can't replicate your issue... it runs perfectly. Though i only tested the thing in battles,(evented and RDM encounters)

You do mention that you use PreloadManager. PreloadManager is very incomaptible with AudioLag Fix and im pretty sure its incompatible with MV past 1.4 (could be wrong haven't checked). any plugin that modifes AudioManager is lilkely to be incompatible as is the case with PreloadManager but NOT YF_Battle Engine.

Also make sure your Core files are up to date(they dont update Automatically!). if you do have errors please show a screenshot of the crash console (press F8) and a list of other plugins you have installed.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  3. DrJDorian

DrJDorian Take Your Heart Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I updated the YF Core and everything and it keeps giving me this error when I hit an enemy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Fornoreason1000

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Firstly thanks for postinga screenshot of the console.

Secondly ignore the Yellow Traingle warnings, these only happen once per sound when it loads. due to the way SE work the time property of each must be reset on each play.
    The are two errors.

1. Invalid State
    Firstly is the Invalid state errors, this happens when you try playing two sounds from a single HTML source. These can be hard to fix since they don't actaully tel lyou whats happening. they usually only happen on "static" SE's.

if you call "play" directly (*not via AudioManager)on the sound buffer twice it will also create this error. this becuase play create a new source node, but since the HTMLsource already has one, it throws an error. this can also happen if something overwrite's AudioManager.playStaticSE. Yanfly's plugins do not do this.

2. Null Reference
    the second is likely the result of the first. bascially the HTMLsource is null, thus calling duration on it makes no sense.
    usually a null HTML media element, the sound won't even try to play. and a "no file found" is thrown instead.

Conclusion

unfortunately i can't get any of these errors to show up. with Both YF_CoreEngine and YF_BattleCore it works perfectly with no errors. I think there's another plugin at work here or something screwing with your system sounds. OR your projects MV core files aren't up to date(these are rpg_core.js, rpg_windows.js, rpg_scenes.js, rpg_managers.js, rpg_objects.js, rpg_sprites.js and all files in the js/lib folder).

if you can post a list of plugins you are using.

Try testing in a blank project with only DSE_AudioLagFix, YF_BattleCore and YF_CoreEngine. I have tried this already and it works perfectly on my end. if it works then something is wrong the your project.

also if you have PreloadManager installed you should remove AudioLag or PreloadManager. this and Galenmereth's
    plugin are incompatible by nature as they are designed to reach the same goal in a different way.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    DrJDorian likes this.
  5. DrJDorian

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First of all thank you for having such a patience and always answer quickly

Second, I tried to create a new project and slowly keep enabling all the plugins that I have and I ended up with all of them enabled and no crash, but in my project the game crashes right when I hit an enemy or the enemy hits me. Here's the list of the plugins that I currently use, if I need to disable something or you see the plugin that it's creating the problem please tell me so I can delete it and try again:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DrJDorian I see you're using a LOT of plugins from different sources. How many of them actually collide with each other or used to collide? Because I'm fearful of using any other plugins other than YF's so not to break the existing ones.

7. DrJDorian

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Right when I took the screenshot I though the same haha but the thing is everything worked great, and with this plugin it does except for the battles, there it crashes all the time. I use all of them but if one is causing all these trouble then I'll erase it right away

8. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Maybe you know something that could help me then? Here's the problem: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/help-replicating-field-skills-move.82665/

9. Fornoreason1000

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DrJDorian, Now try removing all the plugins down to the 3 i mentioned (YF_Core, YF_BattleEngine, AudioLag) then test a battle fromt start to end (in other words firght the enemies until you win or die). does it still crash? if not keep adding on plugins until it crashes again.

focus on the plugins that play sounds. plugins such as "Made With MV" && "Shall not Pass" are a unlikely culprit. Try with the battle related plugins.

Also try moving Audiolag to just below YF_BattleCore.
    This will hopefully let AudioLagFix overwrite what it needs to before the other plugins try and do something. (the load order does matter when a plugin overwrites code)

Im goint to search through these and see if i can find any incompatible ones. most of the YF ones should be OK.
    is "Battle Mode" shaz's plugin?

10. DrJDorian

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I moved the plugin below the YF Core Engine and now it crashes with this error

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: I think I just found what it was causing the crashes hahaha it was the "Show HP Text" in the YF Battle Core. I just turned it off and now it doesn't crash, tried it 3 times and still works great. I looked at the console and now it only display these warnings:

[​IMG]

11. Fornoreason1000

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @DrJDorian Well I've eliminated all of the YF plugins you have. none of those do it.
    Im gonna work on the rest right now

@DarkEspeon alot of YF's plugins are decoupled from the rest of the engine, reducing the fearsof incompatible plugins. if you look at his list youll notice they usually focus on one or two things at a time. that is to say not everything will work with YF plugins.

@DrJDorian Jsut saw you edit, I will have it fixed in a jiffy

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2017
  12. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    One thing I've also noticed: it's impossible to change the volume of music and sounds in the options when HTML5 is true. And if it's not at 100% MEs crash too.
    upload_2017-8-17_19-46-59.png

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
    Fornoreason1000 likes this.
  13. Bicept

Bicept Jack of Most Trades Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    This works fine for me but I have one issue that I was wondering could be fixed/changed.

After you exit a battle, normally the map music continues to play from where it left off, but with this plugin enabled it starts over from the beginning. This is annoying hearing the beginning of the song over and over.

Fornoreason1000 likes this.
  14. DrJDorian

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Tried the updated version, and now it crash right on the start with the "Undefined it not a function" error

15. Fornoreason1000

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Bicept that shouldn't happen, seems to be a bug introduced in 0.82 try 0.80 /0.81 for now until I fix it.

@DrJDorian it shouldnt crash on start up. If you could please post a screen shot of the console, that would be awesome.

@DarkEspeon thanks for posting that console. does it work with HTML 5 set to false? Force HTML 5 is kinda for testing purposes, the plugin automatically switches to HTML if Web audio is not available. Force HTML 5 ignores the fact the more powerful Web Audio is available and uses HTML 5. Although MV has kinda scrapped HTMLAudio. I kept it in to support older browsers (older than 6 years) or IE.(today).

16. DarkEspeon

First Language:
    Russian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Fornoreason1000
    With HTML5 set to false changing volume of BGM/BGS/ME/SE works, but:
    1) Character SEs in texts (YF's plugin) don't work (they play once instead of every 2-3 characters) at any volume
    2) MEs crash the game just after they finish playing at any volume
    upload_2017-8-20_17-0-46.png
    With HTML5 set to true:
    1) I have no control over volume
    2) SEs and MEs play just fine, but MEs crash the game if BGM is 0%. Works with BGS/ME/SE at any volume.
    You've seen this before, but now it also counts a shitton of something I don't think it should. I dunno.
    upload_2017-8-20_17-8-32.png

17. Satomi

Satomi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, i'm new to all of this and still learning the ropes but, when i tried to use the audio fix plugin i got this error.

Attached Files:

18. Fornoreason1000

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Satomi
    thanks for letting me know, but in rder for me to find out more on what is wrong, first i need a screenshot of the console.
    to open the console press F8 when you game is running

Im currently working on a fix for all these issues. as well as rework of some of the other problems it has.

19. Satomi

Satomi Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ah great ! Sorry for the delay, currently at work, is it supposed to be empty?

Attached Files:

20. Fornoreason1000

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Im not fussed, it wil lbe a bit beofre i can fix these

Not if your gettings errors. post a screen shot when you get the error.