Not open for further replies.

GaPeLo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I want to add some costume audio files (.m4a format)  for my project but unfortunely they don't show up in the play SE menu or the BGM,

The files are in the correct format and the I added them in the right folder but they still won't show up. I attached a print screen of my window to show what I mean. For some reason I don't seem to add any .m4a format audio files to my project. I know I can add pictures and stuff but not audio files. Do they need to be a specific ile size or something like that . thank you so much in advance.

file.jpg

Dachimotsu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hmm... It seems like maybe you need both the .ogg and .m4a versions of a song, if the included songs there are any evidence.

GaPeLo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I guess I'll try creating two files then... Lets see if it works. tnx for the reply.

Sicyll

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
I tried what Dachimotsu said, and it doesn't work either. I'm having the same problem, and any help is appreciated :c

Sicyll

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
You only need OGG for them to appear on the editor.
I have tried this and it doesn't work. I've put in both m4a and ogg files, both of which have failed...

I really wish this would work out because I have some good music I want to put in the game... And I don't particularly like any of the default BGM's.

Last edited by a moderator:

GaPeLo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I have tried this and it doesn't work. I've put in both m4a and ogg files, both of which have failed...

I really wish this would work out because I have some good music I want to put in the game... And I don't particularly like any of the default BGM's.
For me, it works only for the OGG file if I try to put the m4a file it does't show on the menu list. Try scrolling down all the way to the bottom for some reason it won't put it in alphabetical order if not then I guess there is a bug or something else.

For some reason m4a files won't show when I add them to my project. MV still has a few bugs they need to resolve, maybe this is one of this.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
They're not supposed to show up on the editor (m4a). I did ask them about it early on and they just removed them entirely from displaying.

Give me said sample file in PM.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pots Talos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has this been resolved? I'm having the same issue with an OGG file not showing up in the editor.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Pots Talos

you can't generalize this - it's very often depending on the specific file. And by the way - you're necroposting.

Please make a new topic where you give the example of the soundfile you have problem with.

Several possible causes are:

- wrong codec (you need not only the file type to be correct, you also need to use a codec that is known to RM)

- illegal characters in the filename

- Editor was open when adding the file to the folder, try if the music is still missing after reopening the project

- added to the wrong folder (it needs to be in the project folder, not in the new data folder of the program itself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol
I streamed Moonfall on 9/25/20
and have started a page to showcase my vids/stream :kaoluv:

Please subscribe and follow, it's free, it's quick and one sub means so much to me, it would really make my day~ :wub

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lunarian_Gunner