Audiostock, Parallax Mapping Guide and Wild Steam

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

We've got 3 exciting new products for you today!

[​IMG]

Audiostock is one of the biggest royalty-free sites for BGM and SFX in Japan, and we are pleased to share a pack they've created and optimized for RPG Maker use. As the first of many packs to come, RPG Vol.1 covers all the basics needed to create a game. From battles to towns, there's something exciting about every song.

[​IMG]

Have you ever wanted to jump into Parallax Mapping, but you're just not sure where to start? Created by Celianna, this essential guide includes theoretical material, as well as a step-by-step guide for creating the perfect parallax map. Bonus- catch a glimpse of Celianna's creative process as she creates a tile for her map.

[​IMG]

Quite a few of you have been waiting for this exciting new pack, and it's finally here! An exciting blend of Wild West and Steampunk merge into a unique-looking pack. This pack also includes many modular pieces, giving you more control and customization options.

Discount:

Member+, don't forget that your discount applies to the forum store only. If you're not a Member+ subscriber, but are looking to save a bundle, check out our subscription program!

Giveaway:

To participate in the giveaway, please answer the following question:
    If you could choose the theme for our next tileset pack, what would it be and why?

Only one entry per participant. Winner will be posted shortly after the deadline.
    Deadline: February 6th

We have a giveaway going on our Facebook page, so make sure you check it out for an extra chance to win.

IRHP, Marquise*, nio kasgami and 15 others like this.
  2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So glad to see the steampunk pack finally out! The previews have looked amazing!

For the next pack, I would live to see a pirate/caribbean theme done! I've wanted one since we went to Disney World last year!

3. The Stranger

The Stranger The Faceless Friend Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd choose a gritty\rundown modern tileset. Lots of garbage, broken street objects (phone boxes, burnt cars, and the like) and tiles to create derelict warehouses and rundown tenements.  I'd love to use such resources to create a dark\gothic modern project, and play other games in this style.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2015
  4. Mage Heart

Mage Heart Level 50 Bard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Deep Sea.

I would love underwater temples, pirates, ships. I have always been facinated by the sea, something beautiful yet deadly. The plant life underneath is spectactular, used to create spectacular scenery. However there could be dark seas creating a sense of mystery as well.

5. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    WILED STEAM IS HERE.

YAY.

I would love a dungeon themed tilepack (for the contest)

YAYAYAYA

moogmaster87, Susan and The Stranger like this.
  6. Kyuukon

Kyuukon 主人公 Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was hoping the parallax tutorial would be free ._. Don't become like Apple, please -.-"

Here is my answer for the giveaway: I'd love to see more of modern theme! There are lots of modern objects/items/buildings and not enough tilesets!

Kapik, batch, amerk and 1 other person like this.
  7. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If I could choose the theme of the next major tile release; without getting too specific, I'd like to see things that more closely fit into a Victorian or Industrial Revolution vibe. Or maybe even some touches of Classical, Baroque; oh you get the idea. 

I don't keep saying these things necessarily because it's totally what I want. I mean. It is.

But I feel like many of the resources already touch on the mega past (Medieval), the present, and the future. With a funny in between space missing. Tiles that more closely touch on the time periods and architecture styles between Medieval Europe and today not only open more options for those exact time periods. But, in nearly every town I've lived in and visited, there are still several traces of those time periods and architectures. When I walk around my hometown in 2015 I still see huge Victorian homes, Gothic statues, old factories, ect. And realistically, most towns have many landmarks of the last 200 years or so.

So, basically. Tiles that are not present day but also not Medieval. 

8. AwesomeCool

AwesomeCool Bratty and spoiled little sister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    13 bucks off of Wild Steam via members+?  YES PLEASE.

The Stranger and Matseb2611 like this.
  9. Monkeysnow55 The Cookie

Monkeysnow55 The Cookie Cookie Queen Veteran

First Language:
    Cookie
    I would make a candy land, all cute, lollipop's on the sidewalks, gumballs for plants, pink, yellow, green pastel colors, ginger-man characters, candy canes all sorts, a world of sweets! :) The parallax mapping would be good for me since I'm learning :)

mlogan likes this.
  10. Matseb2611

Matseb2611 Innovate, don't emulate Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    "If you could choose the theme for our next tileset pack, what would it be and why?"

It's so difficult to choose. A part of me wants to scream 'more sci-fi', another part says 'more modern', but then I also remembered a couple of themes that surprisingly have not been done yet - Ancient Greece and Ancient Egypt. So I'd pick those.

11. XPKobold

XPKobold Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's nice to see a parallax tutorial for beginners i was curious how it works.

Anyhow for a next tileset theme i would be thinking of a underground continent theme since that is not explored much.

12. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Oh wow, Wild Steam is finally out, awesome!  I'm getting that after a few more commissions oh yes I am :p

I'm also on the Victorian team, one thing I'd like to point out though is how it could be done in such a way that it's style would mesh with the Wild Steam pack, this would allow the more commonly known Victorian Steampunk setting (e.g. Arcanum, Jesse's style would fit really well with Arcanum's I reckon) to be possible to do justice as well as simply being a very interesting in it's own right anyway. 

Failing that, how about a less fantasy oriented approach to the renaissance period with a focus on courtly intrigue, duels and chivalry?  

What would really impress me though (since it's a pretty much uncovered area in RPGs) is doing an Ancient history tileset e.g. Rome, Greece, Mesopotamia, Carthage.  Imagine an Ancient Rome or Greek RPG where you party consists of units of legionary cohorts, sarissa spear wielding infantry, elephants and companion cavalry!  (I'm being really over-ambitious today...) 

13. nio kasgami

nio kasgami VampCat Veteran

First Language:
    French
    If you could choose the theme for our next tileset pack, what would it be and why 

Answer : obviously some victorian tileset  I will love to seem them so badly or maybe

some add-ons to the rtp 

like "world maps" add-ons because the world tileset are pretty limited! 

the victorian because I love them they are pretty versatile and dayum this era is beautifull!

also yeah I love these new giveaway!

so continue your jobs this awesome! 

and surelly no one understand my nioniese....

Susan and Tuxedo Leila like this.
  14. Tarsus

Tarsus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ooh wildwest steam punk, that looks sweet.

For the next set I would choose a prehistoric theme, because who doesn't love dinosaurs?

Susan and Ms Littlefish like this.
  15. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And if we get dinosaurs that means we can have space dinosaurs. Which, pfft, come on. These are essential. 

nio kasgami and Tarsus like this.
  16. whitesphere

whitesphere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would say an Ancient Civilization theme.  After all, we have the Egyptian Gods and Goddesses as battlers, where better for them to strut their stuff?

ideally, the tileset would come with an iconset and window skin to really give that Ancient World feel.

And I haven't seen one tileset yet that does the Ancient Civilization theme.

17. AlliedG

AlliedG Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Out of interest, who did the artwork for Audiostock  1 cover?

18. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

It was provided by the pack creator, so I do not have that information. :)

19. Tarsus

Tarsus Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well I wasn't going to say that, but I do plan on having dinosaurs in my sci fi game on a planet you can visit.

20. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    "If you could choose the theme for our next tileset pack, what would it be and why?"

Pre-modern livelihoods i.e. things like spinning, weaving, tanning, blacksmith, coopers, carpenters etc.   These livelihoods cover a long time period, so would be more than just Medieval Livelihoods (which was going to be my original title), and indeed many of these went on into the Victorian era,  They would enable people to make much more lively, realistic looking towns and villages.  It would need a range of equipment (animated where possible), tools and behaviour sprites.

Susan and Scythuz like this.