Audiostock, Parallax Mapping Guide and Wild Steam

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by Lunarea, Jan 31, 2015.

1. MikePjr

MikePjr Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Anyone remember those High Fantasy graphics packs?

I'd like to see something similar to that made, only with a more anime style.

Anyone remember games on the sega saturn like shining the holy ark and Blazing Heros?

It was like pre rendered 3D anime.

I would LOVE to see a graphics pack like that at some point.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  2. Candacis

Candacis Pixel Pusher Restaff

First Language:
    German
    I would love to see more pirate stuff, harbors and ships, islands and gold etc.

3. Rose Guardian

Rose Guardian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If you could choose the theme for our next tileset pack, what would it be and why?

If I could, it would be a 3D Anime Style Pack with tilesets, and character sets, because there are not very many 3D anime graphics, and it'll be fun to make  a 3D Anime Style RPG.

(I really want the Wild Steam pack it looks awesome.)

4. Adam Ferrell

Adam Ferrell Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Make party packs and monster packs for RTP. Lots of RTP packs have tilesets, but not so many have new characters!

5. lemongreen

lemongreen Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If you could choose the theme for our next tileset pack, what would it be and why?

I personally wouldn't mind some focus on the zodiac (don't really care which ones) That's an area currently lacking (though probably not in all that high demand) that would be interesting to have. That and maybe some Chinese New Year stuff (though that could probably be cobbled together easily enough)

6. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Theme huh? Oh, that's such a tough one.  I'll go with fairytales. Cute little cottages, artistically stunning cities like Rivendale, trees that have so much character that you try to talk to them, caves with glowing rocks and fungus, floating islands, deep dark forests. Everything you might have in a fantasy set only just a little more extreme and unreal, with a lot more whimsy.  If it's made out of pixels, that's even better.  I love pixel art very much.  Mostly I just want a set that depicts someplace really magical, that makes me want to explore it.  I'd like to see more diverse tiles and locales explored but I'll be honest, it's the fantasy stuff that I'm more likely to buy and use.

7. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To anyone saying there's so much fantasy/medieval stuff; Sharm's right. It's a theme that is the most used and most likely to get sold, hence why there's a lot more options for it.

For example someone said tiles that are from an Asian country other than Japan, China and Korea. The sad truth is - no one would want them. If (the western market) someone wants to make a game set in an Asian setting, they're going to go for Japanese or Chinese.

8. Scythuz

Scythuz Explorer Bot *beep beep* Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    The only way I can think of a real expansion of styles happening is if we had packs that are mostly fantasy but then expand into the slightly more niche styles within the same pack.  This could be tough to pull off though and it might not even be worth the time.  Could be a better idea than just making lots of packs in one niche style and hoping it works though.  It'd be less risky too. 

I'm just wondering if there's some sort of compromise that could be taken here.

AwesomeCool likes this.
  9. Ms Littlefish

Ms Littlefish Dangerously Caffeinated Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, as much as I love a lot of these ideas; many of them would be ultra specific and hard to make an entire set out of. But as a small add-on sheet or pieces as part of a larger set? Probably start talking now. Usually when we're asked these sorts of questions I try to think of things that would be different but help flesh out what we already have.

Scythuz likes this.
  10. Ralpf

Ralpf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would say the Middle East and India also are great and recognizable settings for any audience. We do have the Arabian Night tiles to help with those, though.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  11. TheOddFellow

TheOddFellow Overactive Artisan Story Crafter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Prehistoric. Because, a good game needs dinosaurs, primordial creatures, extinct monsters, and an exotic tileset. It would be really helpful in making a time-traveling game.

No. Stop that. Hands down. We don't have a prehistoric theme!

Candacis likes this.
  12. Crazetex

Crazetex Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If I could choose the style of the next tileset pack, it would be an "RTP extension" -- basically, in the VX Ace RTP style and allowing for a larger variety of environments. A proper ship, a crystalline forest, a better tent interior, big statues/trees/rocks, more ornate walls/decorations for palaces, etc. would all be great! None really deserve their own stand-alone pack, but together they'd make a great addition to the RTP.  The jump from VX to Ace's RTP was fantastic, so about that much more stuff again would really help revitalize the default graphics.

Ideally it'd also come with some fitting battlebacks! The snowy areas are lacking in the RTP. :<

13. Juunanagou

Juunanagou Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian

Mh...A Prehistoric pack? Usually we find jungle but nothing like a prehistoric tribe. It could be useful for games  like Chrono Trigger with time travels and such. With caves, prehistoric trees (not just the usual palms or jungle ones), animals (not dinosaurs or at least not only dinosaurs but even mammoth etc, the ones you expect to see with men. Dinosaurs were already extincted but still useful), prehistoric "houses" made with mud and animal skin, fur, shaped rocks and tools, volcanoes, swamps. Stone age was a really wild period, it could be interesting.

14. NeoPGX

NeoPGX ~ King of Cuteness ~ Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey can anyone point me to the audiostock website? I want to check them out.

I looked but can't find them.

15. Lunarea

Lunarea Artist Global Mod

They don't have an English website. Only a Japanese one. :)

16. NeoPGX

NeoPGX ~ King of Cuteness ~ Veteran

First Language:
    English (US)
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Please just give me the website link. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
  17. Blinn

Blinn Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    How about a moonlit forest that's tinted with an aquamarine light, magic floats freely in the air, and the water is pure and in some cases, magical. Very calm and serene, like this Swamp theme I remember from Heroes of Might and Magic 2:

Celianna and Dreadshadow like this.
  18. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    I'm really loving all the ideas for future resource packs. I'd love to see more historical packs, specifically Ancient Greece/Rome. I'd just love to play/make a game in that time period. :3

whitesphere likes this.
  19. Dimitris

Dimitris Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Steampunk Victorian Age Pack as Scythuz and Ms Littlefish said. It should be a big pack though in order to cover all the ideas I have about a steampunk setting. If that pack happens at some point, I'll be veeeeeeery happy!

20. Vinedrius

Vinedrius Member Title Veteran

First Language:
    Turkish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA

I would choose a pirate theme, YAR! A set of tiles to depict the world of treasure and sea battle, music which would evoke the treasure hunting and adventuring spirit and a set of battlers and sprites to go along with the tales of the pirates; such as sirens, kraken, mermaids.