AudioStreaming.js (Plugin to improve RPG Maker MV audio performance)

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This plugin is quite nice. I was wondering why there was like a 1 or 2 second delay before my BGM played.
It's mostly a loading issue but this one eliminates the need for caching audio objects.

Zekken

Programmer? Pro-Gamer? Pro-Grammar?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So this plugin doesn't caching the audio but can makes the audio play quickly?

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
@RyanBram

Hi Ryan. I tried the script. It's very good but... i have a problem with a BGS. A Wind that it doesn't loop by default.

Without the script, it start, it ends and it repeat automatically without problem, again and again.

With the script activated, the BGS start. it ends and in the second time play, appears strange "stop". I mean, the BGS stop to playing and soon after, maybe 4 or 5 seconds, it resumes.
I don't know if she picks up where she left off, or if it is as if "gaps" are created.

I really don't really understand why it does this.

If you want,i can pass to you the exact bgs :/ Do you have some ideas?

kako05

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Australian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn't work for android. Crashes the game.

Oscar92player

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to contact with the original author of the plugin, and watching the original TKool post about it, in search for an answer to a small issue I have.

While there's no audio delay anymore, and I don't even need to pre-load the audio assets, there's a strange "noise" effect when the BGM is playing, like if I was listening to a vinyl/LP disc.

Depending on the audio file and the bitrate, the noise can be noticed or not, but my guess is that the issue is produced by the variable bitrate (VBR) from the OGG format, and since you can't really setup those audio files to work with constant bitrate (CBR), the issue persists, even if I try to reduce the audio bitrate with different converters and tools.

Does anyone here has the same problem?

DarkSearinox92

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I tried to contact with the original author of the plugin, and watching the original TKool post about it, in search for an answer to a small issue I have.

While there's no audio delay anymore, and I don't even need to pre-load the audio assets, there's a strange "noise" effect when the BGM is playing, like if I was listening to a vinyl/LP disc.

Depending on the audio file and the bitrate, the noise can be noticed or not, but my guess is that the issue is produced by the variable bitrate (VBR) from the OGG format, and since you can't really setup those audio files to work with constant bitrate (CBR), the issue persists, even if I try to reduce the audio bitrate with different converters and tools.

Does anyone here has the same problem?

I will test this thing. I did not pay attention to it honestly, I will try and pay attention.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

0800d9e637692b8fe70e5bf0f8d410af.jpg

Im just gonna get a plugin or two....or five hundred.
MV/MZ dev: "I'll build an APK to run on Android mobile devices!"

Microsoft: "Here is the great news. Now you can play android apps on Windows 11!"
Work-in-progress dwarf character. Got him mostly there but he needs some earrings or hair jewellery.
TestChara-14.gif
I cant not for the life of me figure out where this bomb item comes from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darkescythe