August Goals and Progress Thread

bigcalsworld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Really slacked off for the last couple of weeks. I was hoping for a demo to be out this month, but when it got to the point where I was playtesting everything first, I realised the game was super unbalanced. I made some changes but none of them made a difference so I kinda just gave up for a while lol. Maybe September will be more productive :p.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just three more maps and I'll have my maps from Storm Twins done (that I did before), and then september will be finishing off the others and finishing dialogue. but with how I've been feeling today and yesterday I may not get them done in time. Ah well, must power on through.... I wonder if there'll be a game jam this year again!

richter_h

Eh? Sweetroll?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Two words: pixel art.

And yeah, I need to make a devlog out of this month's progress. The demo I've uploaded at the beginning of this month is quite... well, dunno but I have a mixed feeling about this.

AceOfAces_Mod

Engineering to infinity!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Progress Report #5
Immortal Sins:
-Almost done with the tutorial.
-Northbridge is ready for the new engine.

Misc:
-The compiler tool I wrote is functioning with a progress bar. Compilation and packaging works as expected. Just need to do some tweaks so the UI doesn't stall when long work is done by the program. Maybe add a separate progress bar? I'll need to do research on that. Still, nice to know how to have multiple threads on a program to do different things (since that was the only way to make the progress bar work properly).

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Oh boy...~! I feel beaten!

Well everyone, congratulation for your good work! ^^

XIIIthHarbinger

Part Time Super Villain
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Final Update for August.

Item 1) Complete the mechanical components of my revised character creation suite. COMPLETED.

Item 2) Complete all of new variations of my player characters images. COMPLETED.

Item 3) Retune the TP rates for my physical & hybrid skills to account for the new balance, & give my skills new "prettier names" instead of the function descriptions I've been using. COMPLETED.

Item 4) Build the enchantment system.

Item 5) Finish random loot generation system, by populating the components that will provide runes & glyphs.

Item 6) Finish shop inventory system, by setting up the inventory for my enchanters.

Item 7) Finish lore "World Map", by assigning terrain features to the remaining territorial regions. W.I.P.

Item 8) Rebalance my various enemies & troops.

Item 9) Continue polishing the placeholder graphics. W.I.P.

a) GameOver, Splash Page, Window, Weapons1, Weapons2, Weapons3. COMPLETED.

b) Title Screen & Iconset W.I.P.

Item 10) Set up initial party banter system.

I didn't manage to completely finish my updated "Iconset", though I did integrate nearly all of the new icons into their respective places in the database. I still have about another two hundred skill icons left to build, integrate them into the new icon sheet, & then integrate them into the database.

& of course I didn't finish up my "World Lore Map".

Still, it wasn't a bad month productivity wise, I'll just carry over unfinished items to the next month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

is there a script call that return how much turn has passed in battle?
Does anyone find this hard to read?

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?
If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briggs_Boi