Aussenseiter

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Erojiji, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Title: Außenseiter
    Genre: Action RPG
    Engine : RPG Maker VX Ace
    Platform :pC

INTRODUCTION
    Idea for Außenseiter came when I have difficulty when making another game, the reason is to much content that I need to make, especially database. One day in a sacred place an idea came up, why not making simple game? Without epic story and minimal feature.
    Thus Außenseiter was born.

STORY

A Grimoire, is a text book of magic that capable to interfere, manipulate or even create a world phenomenon.

Story in Außenseiter revolve around Rud journey to find a Grimoire. Like the title (Außenseiter = Outsider) Rud is only a spectator in every event happened but slowly he was dragged further and at the end he is forced to solve it.

This time Rud visiting his old friend place, he didn't know there is a conflict started between feudal lord and his people.

CHARACTERS
    Rud

[​IMG]
    The only playable character in Außenseiter, Rud originally was a guard in small town until he have been kidnapped byan Magic Cult to became guinea pig on their research. Eventually the Cult is destroyed by their own experiment and Rud managed to escaped with Yohn help, but his body already undergo some change.

For that reason Rud is on a journey to many place to find a Grimoire which he believe able to fix his body.

In the battle Rud use bare hand martial art, he also can use Rune Gauntlet so he able to use magic and strengthen his attack.

Yohn

[​IMG]
    This perverted mascot is Rud partner on his journey. Yohn lost most of his memories when first time met Rud and they escaped together from the Cult. After that he accompany Rud on his journey.

Rossie
    [​IMG]
    Daughter of the Grimore owner, Rud promise him to take care of her when she still a kid.But he is forced to leaved her because a certain circumstanced.

Extra Character =
    Zest
    [​IMG]
    Leine
    [​IMG]

GAMEPLAY
    Außenseiter Battle system is inspried from Y's Series, that why I design the game to have fast pace battle and full of combo.
    Because I using 3D sprite I able to create many different movement sprite and make the animation smoother.
    This battle system is created by Victor_sant and improved by Theolized
     FEATURE
    For world exploration Außenseiter use fast travel system, where player can change their location by choosing it.
    [​IMG]

For dialogue, ASR using script to make it like a Visual Novel Dialogue.
    [​IMG]

SCREENSHOT

Grass Field Area
    [​IMG]

Swamp Area
    [​IMG]

Mine Area
    [​IMG]

Sprite Sample[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FEATURE
    Non Epic Storyline.
    3D Pre-Rendered parallax map.
    3D Pre-Rendered sprite.

CREDIT
    Tile & Sprite Artist = Erojiji
    Character CG = seochan
    BG = Kudit
    Story = Nightrider and Erojiji
    Scripter = TheoAllen and VictorMusic Composer = Clea

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2016
  2. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Time to update this ooold page.

There have been some delay on the game progress but now finally I can continue again.

But during these time there a few change happened.

Here list of the change that happened :

No longer minim feature.

Sprite improvement.

New tileset.

New background artist.

New music composer.

And here new thing I made :

Tileset

[​IMG]

Enemy Battler

[​IMG]

System

[​IMG]

RocketKnight likes this.
  3. jvcscasio

jvcscasio Writer Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Wow, looks good.

Can't wait for the demo

4. fish

fish Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Mandarin
    Woah, I really like how you make the maps

5. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    @jvcscasio, Thanks XD

The demo is under construction, actually I already have a demo but it suffer from heavy lag so I need to take it down. I already take care of that but I plan to add more feature before re-upload the demo. It should be finished on January.

@fish, Thanks, glad you like it =w=b

6. Sol Rising

Sol Rising Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    wow... seochan's artwork is on professional level and completely affordable  :o

7. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Today I seem to find a lot of great looking games! Glad to see people stretching the limits of RPGMaker :) The art is beautiful and well done. The only question/critique I have is regarding the synopsis/premise. It is not really clear, what the game is about. I got hints and pieces but didn't really grasp the whole picture.

P.S.

After reading the story and some character descriptions more carefully I think I have an idea of what is happening. I still suggest maybe clarifying this Grimoire a bit :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  8. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    @Sol Rising,

Yeah I'm glad he help me XD

@taistelusopuli,

Thx, I will edit the post later and add more information =w=b

9. Capri

Capri Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    This looks beautiful. It's always refreshing to see a project with all original graphics and interfaces, especially when it looks this professional :) . Is this going to be a commercial game or "just for fun/practise"?

10. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Thanks Capri =w=b

About commercial actually is still on discusion, some of my friend tell me to go to commercial but the project start with a plan to be a trial so it pretty short one (3-5 hours) so I confuse how much should I charge for this.

Also I not familiar with the commercial process.

11. taistelusopuli

taistelusopuli Your Friendly Neighborhood Composer Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    It doesn't matter how long the game is. If it is good and there is replay value, you can sell it. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty is a very short game. If you are fast, you can play it through in 2 hours if I remember right. Just collect a team who will do a good quality assurance for you and you are good to go.

With how to sell your game, I'm sure there is a bunch of helpful people around here :) but take one thing at a time, finish the game first ;)

12. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Noted, thanks for you adviced =w=b

I will discuss it with my team mate while looking around for more info about commercial.

Yeah, agree with this =w=b

taistelusopuli likes this.
  13. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The concept looks beautiful! 

The swamp map reminds me of frog catching from Final Fantasy 9. I'm confused on what the main character needs the grimoire for. It says to 'fix' his body, but what is wrong with it? Especially because he seems to be able to fight hand-to-hand combat.

14. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Thanks amaSenpai =w=b

Rud body have been change due some experiment force unto him, that why he need a Grimoire that capable to interfere with world phenomenon to reverse it back. 

I will put more detail on the first page.

15. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Small update =

I finished creating few sprite for the demo, here the sample.

Spoiler

Standby

[​IMG]

Walk

[​IMG]

Attack 01

[​IMG]

Hit

[​IMG]

Skill

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2016
  16. Authumbla

Authumbla Listen To My Soundcloud Fam? Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A

I've given this advice before but going commercial is a good way of making sure more people play it *if* you play your cards right (going commercial can be very hard to do right, form what I understand). It's an equally big time investment as making the game is, though, and a lot of people fail to realize this. I believe there are a decent number of people on this site who are much more familiar with PR and working on commercial projects than I am, so my advice would be that if you want to sell your game, look up a lot of Kickstarters for reference, and then start talking to those people so that you have something you can send to various gaming sites so that they can write about it.

This is one of the more unique projects I've seen here - I don't think I've ever actually seen an RPG Maker game using 3D models, and yours are very high quality. I like your taste in games - the Ys series is fantastic and I like action RPGs in general. Also Yohn has a great hairstyle, haha.

17. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    @Authumbla, thanks for your advice.

And to tell you the truth I already talking into few of people who already release commercial game and ask for their advice.

The idea of 3D model came from game like Shining Tears/ Wind and Growlancer who used same style. Actually I want to make it like Y's but the workload way to much or a small team XD

Yohn hairstyle is awesome inded =w=b

18. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Update = Add an effect to the sprite

[​IMG]

RocketKnight likes this.
  19. Erojiji

Erojiji none Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Update =
    Screenshot for the upcoming demo.

I hope I can release it next month.

Sample.png

20. Whosthat

Whosthat Villager Member

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I`ve got a question regarding the first Picture in your "Feature" Section: Isn`t the Background of the Scene a screenshot from the PC Game "Anno 1404"? If yes it would probably better to choos another Background because using copyrighted material could get you into serious trouble, especially if you`re going Commercial.