Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Auto Battle Plugin

Introduction

This plugin adds 2 Auto Attack Commands to your Battle Windows. One for the whole party, and one for each character.

When auto attack is choosed, the actor will only do normal attacks and will always attack the monster with the lowest HP.

Video

Options

It's possible to the change the texts which appear in the command menus.

Download

Credit and Thanks

- Gilles

You can use and edit this plugin as you want. This plugin is open for non commercial and commercial use. Just give me a little credit =)

Last edited:

Kinchen

Kween
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Thank you so much! I might use these for my future projects!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
By looking at the video, seems that you must always choose the command for Autobattle, so it is only 50% automatic.

Ok, I tested also the plugin, is the same as in the video.

I suggest to do that the battle runs completely automatically until the player press any key (specially important for mobile games which doesn't use pad button templates or anything, so by just touching the screen, it would count as "any key have been pressed") so the battle would be absolutely automatic. In addition, would be good if you add a customizable text like "Press any key to cancel the autobattle" which can be positioned on the screen by writing an X and Y value, plus the choice of add a background image useful if the user wants to display a black background behind the text or can be used also for display an image. Lastly for the full automode that affects to all actors, would be good if you do possible display a button image composed of two images, which one is displayed to enable the auto mode, and another to disable the automode (AUTO ON/OFF) of course also the user should be able to choice the position by writing X and Y values, also when the status window is hidden that button should be hidden too, and let enable the full auto mode by pressing a defined key, so enable the full automode will be more user friendly for either keyboard, pads, mouse or mobiles players.

Regarding the actor auto mode, would be helpful if you let choice if the command is chosen at the first choice or last choice, and enable it by touching either on the actor graphic or by touching on the actor name right in the status window.

Sorry if I'm suggesting too much things, maybe that's too much for you I don't know your scripting level, but if you can do everything this plugin will be really amazing!

If you improve more this plugin, can you send me a private message please? So I won't miss the update :)

Thank you!

eternien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It's almost what i searching (it will be good if the characters auto use Magic/Skill too) but thank you :D

Casia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I suggest to do that the battle runs completely automatically until the player press any key
I agree with this point, since otherwise an auto attack option isn't all that useful

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's almost what i searching (it will be good if the characters auto use Magic/Skill too) but thank you :D
Oh, they doesn't act as an automatic character? I tested it on a blank project so I thought that they could also cast skills or use items... 

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Oh, they doesn't act as an automatic character? I tested it on a blank project so I thought that they could also cast skills or use items... 
When auto attack is choosed, the actor will only do normal attacks and will always attack the monster with the lowest HP.
:D

The problem is that a plugin where the characters chooses skill is really hard to develop. The reason is that monsters could have resistance against some sort of skills. So everyone would be mad like "Why is he casting that skill. Is he stupid?"  :o

I was thinking about the timed automatic battle. But i need to be sure that it could also be cancelled. This is the next thing i will looking for. But i don't think i will make a plugin with automatic skills too. Too much analyzing. But if everyone is ok with random skills i will go for it ;)

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
:D

The problem is that a plugin where the characters chooses skill is really hard to develop. The reason is that monsters could have resistance against some sort of skills. So everyone would be mad like "Why is he casting that skill. Is he stupid?"  :o

I was thinking about the timed automatic battle. But i need to be sure that it could also be cancelled. This is the next thing i will looking for. But i don't think i will make a plugin with automatic skills too. Too much analyzing. But if everyone is ok with random skills i will go for it ;)
Humm... skills has elements, I don't know about scripting but I guess you can do that before use a skill the script compares the element of all the actor's skill with the enemy's weakness, then picks up those skills and casts one of these randomly.

That's the best hint I can give, and also if you find the way to do it, you can also do three "levels of intelligence", which be just this:

1. The "FOOL" level uses any skill randomly, this is good for clumsy automatic actors.
  2. The "SMART" level uses only the skills that affects to the enemy skipping those that heals the enemies or deals no damage. For skills affecting allies, it will use any skill that doesn't deal damage on them.
  3. The "WISE" level uses always only the most strong skill for the target, however if a skill affects to all enemies and there's an enemy which absorbs or nullifies the damage due the element, then the actor won't use that skill. For skills affecting allies, before use a single-target healing skill will compare the HP left on the ally and will use the best skill if necessary, for skills affecting to all allies, it calculates the total percentage of all allies and if is below 70% it will use the best all-allies healing skill (undead character for example), if there's any ally that is damaged by healing skill, it won't use any all-allies skill for avoid damage them.
Well, that's all what I can think for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there anyway to turn off the Auto Attack for the individual characters? I just want the Auto Fight option at the Party Command.

Zeze

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hey, friend, this plugin and System YEP-Battle - ATB plugin, the game is on the difference between your features, it is a need of your help.

QQ截图20151125221449.png

silvestro673

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I know this is an older topic but i though i might see if there's update i'm unaware of.

i can't remember if its a plugin or comes with mv, but there's a memory settings in "option". Basically it highlights the last action the party member took, making it a quick selection for a repeating command.

is there an update or plugin that does the following or resembles it very closely?

auto battle uses last highlighted command (memory) but cancels if 1 of 2 things occur.

1) cancel button effect as described in this thread. OR

2) Unable to use selected command (lack of mp or invalid target etc).

Also, as well as each battle still has autobattle command, put it into options. Some players like to just let it go full auto or go get a snack as soon as a boring fight begins. IMO, a quick battle system based on the last memory commands does the number crunching and basically takes you straight to the battle results. That's a way to lose quite a bit of grind.

eternien

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
The download link is dead :|

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Anyone have this that can share it with me? The link is dead, and the author seems to be M.I.A.

Gilles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Never got emails for that topic O_O
I fixed the link here and will fix it and YT too. Thanks for letting me know :)
Hope it is the same version

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whoa! Cool! I figured you were on a hiatus since the last comment about it was almost 6 months ago, haha. Thank you!!!

It works wonderfully, thank you again : D

Cloudystrife69

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
... This Is Not What I Was Looking For...:rswt:rswt Kinda Like Holding ENTER Down, If You Included Documentation In The Help That Would... Well Help!:rhappy::rhappy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

"What do you think the best place to visit on this cold days?" "Hell..."
Been so busy lately that I wonder if I should slowly start preparing the advent calendar resources so I have enough in december.
Man, I wish it was harder for mean d-holes to make me feel like crying.
Made 8 games. Was aiming for 20. Gonna go for 40. Because 20 + 20. /Bed.
Got myself card game plugin, its bit laggy but worth it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Standanddeliver