Esperia

Nasuverse Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to have some characters gain a buff when they enter battle when they are on a specific terrain or map?

Like let's say you a have an archer in your party that's knowledgeable about forests and you're exploring X forest map and enter

battle whit a random mob, This is when the archer in question would gain the auto buff because he is battling on a terrain he knows best.

Any tips?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You'll need a combination of two parts.

One part is a troop event set to be executed on turn 0 that checks for conditions and applies the effects when the conditions are met - usually numbers of variables.

The other part is to fill those variables with the correct numbers before the battle starts. In the case of evented battles, you simply place the correct numbers there before the battle processing event - for example use "get location info" to load the region ID of the player position into a variable.

If you're working with random battles, that might be a bit more complex depending on how you set your troops up. you either need a script, or you need to setup different troops for different regions (and then the troop event would be simplified as well, but at the cost of a lot of different troops)

Esperia

Nasuverse Maniac
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Mmm... I'll keep that in mind and see how I can work out this, I got a rough idea of what to do now!

I'll do some tests now, Thanks a lot!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

A video update on the progress I've been making on the cutscenes. :kaosalute:

I wonder if color LUTs is possible for RPG Maker. It would be game changer and can replace the not so good looking tint screen
new mechanic in battle where you can mentally erase enemies when you deplete all their MP instead HP. this gives you a special item of their "memory". it's pretty to do in battle so far.
Apparently MZ lets you preview move routes in the move route editor without having to start up test game. That could save a lot of time during development compared to MV, especially for a long game that uses a lot of event movement for cutscenes.
A repost of an old meme I had made, now with music

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeniorSm