Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Auto-Life 0.1.0

whitesphere

Introduction

This allows creating skills like "Life4" from Final Fantasy.  When a player character or an enemy dies, if they have one of the states tagged as "autolife," while they still lose all buffs and states, they are immediately restored back to life.

Features

- Plays a user selectable animation when auto-reviving a player or enemy

- Allows using a custom formula per auto-life state.  This allows stronger auto-life states to heal more.

- When a player or enemy dies, this plug-in can add one or more states to them upon revival.  This allows players to have "resurrection sickness" or enemies to thirst for revenge (be stronger) or whatever you'd like.

How to Use

Insert the plug-in.  Then choose the desired Default Revive Formula and Animation ID.  The formula uses "a" for the target.

The easiest way to use it is then to add <autolife> to each State you want to act as an auto-life state, then make a Skill that applies that state.

To further customize the behavior, <autolife_formula: (formula)> and <autolife_animation: (id)> will apply the specified formula or animation ID to that auto-life state if it's used.

To add one or more states upon revival, add <autolife_add_states: id1, id2>

If there are multiple auto-life states on someone when s/he dies, the first applied auto-life state is used.

Script

The script is available via pastebin here:

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=YKfzpZXf

Terms of Use

This script is free to use for commercial and non-commercial purposes, as long as I'm given credit.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuteDay

Mutation Engine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
any plans for expanding so it would allow things like autopotion

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolfman420lol

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How could you do this on the PS4 edition?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We do not offer support for the console version of the Engine because it is published with a different company. You could try to search for communities (maybe a forum, or a subreddit, or a discord server) for the console version of RPG Maker MV. But from the top of my head I don't think the console version of the engine allow for third party plugins like this.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The closest I could come would be something like this:

1. Assign an Auto-Life state to an Actor
2. In every Troop, call a Common Event at the start of every turn. The Event looks for the Auto-Life state, and if it's there AND the Actor is Dead, remove the Dead state, add some minor amount of HP and remove the Auto-Life state.

This doesn't rely on any plug-in so it should work on the PS4 or Switch versions.

whitesphere

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

The closest I could come would be something like this:

1. Assign an Auto-Life state to an Actor
2. In every Troop, call a Common Event at the start of every turn. The Event looks for the Auto-Life state, and if it's there AND the Actor is Dead, remove the Dead state, add some minor amount of HP and remove the Auto-Life state.

This doesn't rely on any plug-in so it should work on the PS4 or Switch versions.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Our garage has been so full since moving we haven't been able to get our car in. Storm night before last (no hail), storms forecast for last night & today. I convinced hubby we should clean out the garage and we managed to get it done and get the car in. Hail last night! Just in time!
Taller RTP Characters, Rewrite Dialogues w/ AI, & Simple Event AI & Shooting | RPG Maker News #37

No water this time, just trying for a majestic cliffside... The cave snuck in because I liked it. Now I guess I need a mini cave map or "secret" for it. :kaoswt:
Revamped the crew for my VN about thirty times. Only character that's stayed constant has been the fungus character. Guess it really grew on me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmooly