EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking for an MV plugin which, when turned on, auto-skips through text/speech in-game based upon the length of the text. So, for instance, when characters are speaking...

Hi!

... has three characters, so the game would auto-skip after a pre-defined duration x3. Whereas something more complex like "How are you?" would be onscreen for 10x this duration.

If I'm being picky, ideally it should be a pre-defined duration based on characters, plus a second duration for the number of "space" and "return" characters. The reason for this is to do with how humans read; people tend to look at word shapes more than letters so this would give a better result.

Has anyone ever written a plugin which does this? It seems like something I would expect to already exist.

The use-case for this plugin is recording YouTube videos of games, for things like dev diaries. By turning this on, you would have consistency in onscreen text duration, which is pretty valuable - I read quite quickly, but like most people, I read even faster when it's text I myself have written, so "pacing" for videos can take a few tries. This plugin would remove that issue.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll see what I can do. Because this is a sensible request that is useful even for particular games and might not be that difficult to implement.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll see what I can do. Because this is a sensible request that is useful even for particular games and might not be that difficult to implement.
Thanks! Like I said, it seemed like the kind of thing I thought would already exist, but I had a look and couldn't see it anywhere.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here you go:
https://github.com/Poryg1/RPG-maker-MV-small-plugins

I can't guarantee compatibility, but I did my best to make it compatible with Yanfly message core, ext message packs and macros (although these compatibility patches may slow the game down due to for example the insane amount of lunatic tags Yanfly has provided in extMessagePack 2). If you're not using them though, there should be no performance impact.

20yearstoolate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, at first thanks for creating this. I tried to use it but for some reason the messages in my game won't autoskip even if the plugin is activated. Am I missing something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Rylo