Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi,

I have a rough time finding a script to do something so simple.

Short story: I am making a strategy-heavy game and I feel unnatural (also has to do with laziness :p) to double-press/click in order to use skills that don't have any real option at the selection phase. Found one similar that could cover my needs made by Lecode, but didn't work with the Yanfly plugins I have installed, also was programmed in a way any skill even single target skills with one selectable option would make the auto-target stuff.

Description (the help text :p)

This is a simple quality of life improvement to avoid double-clicking to use certain skills.

Skip the target selection for skills that really don't have real options in the targeting phase. These skills can be configured to either have the selection phase or are used automatically when you select the skill.

The effect is against all skills that use the following scopes (configurable):

The User (self)
All Allies
All Enemies
X Random Enemies

Should be highly compatible with most battle selection related plugins, as the override is done before the selection phase.

Terms:

- Credit to author (Ninakoru) is optional, but appreciated :)
- Free for non-commercial & commercial use.

Let me know if you suffer any incompatibility with this simple plugin!

IMPORTANT NOTE: I investigated further, on the Yanfly's BattleEngineCore plugin of there's an option named "Select Help Window", that shows who is the current target for the skill. This causes the system internally to force you to select the target even if it is one of the above scopes. This script is not needed if you have that option turned off and there's nothing similar that forces you to always select a target.

Happy RPG Making!

Last edited:

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
It doesn't work for me. Nothing happenned even i put this plugin top most

Ninakoru

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tested it with most Yanfly battle plugins and also with no plugins at all.

Just in case: What it does is to skip the target selection phase for skills with those scopes explained above.

If you could share your plugin list I could test it myself.

EDIT: Found what this is all about. On the BattleEngineCode plugin of Yanfly there's an option named "Select Help Window", that shows who is the current target for the skill. This causes the system internally to force you to select the target even if it is one of the above scopes. This script is not needed if you have that option turned off and there's nothing similar that forces you to always select a target. Added this info in the first post.

Last edited:

JamesRyan

Game Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have been looking for this. Already tired of selecting target when the skill scope is self. I haven't tested much, just put it below all Yanfly's battle-related plugins and it is working well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
Any also thought it's too cringy to put the word "and you" in your credit as a special thanks?
Cause that's what I thought...
Everyone in the US right now: Please stay safe.
Symphony Celestia: Prophecy of the Falling Stars RPG Maker music pack WIP. Symphony Celestia is a new series that focuses on symphonic and orchestrated music to tell a story. Each story will include compositions that make up that story from beginning to end. Themes include: Battles, adventures, character themes, etc. Below is a video preview to the first story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noxtrasave