Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
So i have again a very strange Problem.
I have a Partymember which i summon with an simple heal and add to party command. On death he gets kicked out of the Party, until i use the command again. That Member fights on his own using random attack or spells. (autobattle)

My Problem is, that for some Reason he only use baseattack and Skiils on my newest created Enemy. No Magic at all. And in very rare occasions i get even an ctd, due to an missing Scriptlineerror after using my summon skill.
Note, that I used that mechanic from the very beginning of my project. And all other Enemies work normally.
Even after stripping the Enemy of all skills (baseattack only), same odd behavior. Even if i copy an old Troop and switch only the Enemy (who again only does baseattack) its the same. But if i keep the Troop and switch an old enemy in its working.
I also tried removing absolutely all scripts and running it naked.... no change in that reguard. At least CtDs doesnt seem to accour in the last two hours of testing, even after i added the scripts again, but the strange behavior of not using spells on the new enemies still remain.

Lastly i tried to use other new enemies who also only does baseattack and its... interesting. Some work some doesnt.

And finally but probably unrelated... he always has full TP after resurrection/invite in the same Battle in which he died, Shouldnt he lose all his TP when dying?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do your magic skills require MP? Does he have MP?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shouldnt he lose all his TP when dying?
The TP arerandomized on entering battle, so if you add the actor later that randomization is skipped.

for more help it would be nice to see screenshots of that actor and its class, so we can check if there is anything that might cause problems (like the not enough MP Shaz mentioned already)

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Yes and Yes. As Mentioned, he even works perfectly fine with the other Enemies.

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thanks. Give me a minute for doing the shots.

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Alright here the Screenshots from the Summon skill, the Class (actor is blanc) the Troop Window and the Enemy Window.

Attachments

• Screenshot (14).png
    Screenshot (14).png
    1,019.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    999.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot (17).png
    Screenshot (17).png
    1 MB · Views: 3

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Here the troop Window. Didnt work with first post. Also showing the on death Mechanic for the mentioned Actor. Or so i hoped until i figured out that I CANT UPLOAD SCREENSHOTS SHOWING THE SECOND SITE. HOW? WHY?

At least i can describe it.
If Skeletton1 is dead,
remove Skeletton from party
Switch undead1 off.
Same with Seletton/undeadswitch 2 and 3.

End of turn, every turn.

Attachments

• Screenshot (18).png
    Screenshot (18).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1) in the common event, "Alles Heilen" is useless because it only affects party members and the actor is not yet part of the party. It would be much better to simply check "initialize" on the change member.. command, as that will always reset the actor to database values.

if the skeleton can gain XP (which would also be reset) then you'll need to use the heal command, but set it after the adding of the actor.

2) have the skills added as learned on level 1 instead of added by traits.
there is an important difference because added by traits is supposed to be like equipped items with skills, and those skills are NOT considered as "learned by actor" as they could be removed if the item with the trait is unequipped.

and I simply don't know if autobattle is limited to learned skills which those would not be.

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
IT WORKED

Attachments

• Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Alright. to 1. That does seem to work with the TP problem. Big thanks.
To 2. Canged it on all 3 Skelettons. Result, all 3 now do only baseattack on new enemy, but everything works normal on old enemy.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what is the specific difference between "old enemy" and "new enemy"?
is the new enemy one added by summoning or what?

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
No, New enemy is the one i made today. The one you see on the Screen.
Old enemy is when i fight anyone i made before. Any troop.

But i think i actually found the "problem" by switching old and new and than switching the stats. And unbelievable its the Magic Defence. It seems the automatic fighting Battlers are actually kind of intelligent. So they didnt try to use spells on the Enemy with 300 mdf. After I changed it to 100 it worked.

Thorgaaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Soo. Problem solved i guess. Only the TP thing is still there and that is an very minor point in my case. I figure it out or ignoring it later.
Thanks for the help much appreciated.

The Scriptlineerror didnt appear again since a long Time now. So i guess it came from changing something before saving the Game. Or something similar. If it appears again i will make a screenshot. But so far it seems good.

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems the automatic fighting Battlers are actually kind of intelligent.
the decision on what skills to use is based on what damage a skill will do (if I remember correctly), which is also why skills inflicting states without damage are rarely used.
Only the TP thing is still there and that is an very minor point in my case. I figure it out or ignoring it later.
add a command to change or set TP directly after the skeleton is summoned in the common event

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Thorgaaz, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

You have double posted twice and quadruple posted in this thread. Please take some time to check our forum rules. If you have more to add, and nobody else has posted since your last post, just edit
your post to add the new information.

If your issue is resolved, just report your post and say so, and we'll close this thread.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Closed per request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Nearing completion of the first major city of Albert, a vacation getaway city built a long time ago by a king who really didn't want to be invaded.
It’s definitely a great day to fit in some time for me to play no mans sky on PS4
Julyon.png

First concept art of one of our main characters love interests who might turn evil depending on her decisions. Or become king of the world. Or marry her. Maybe even everything at once.
Me: *saved the game*
Also me: *exit the game afterward*
The game: "Any unsaved progress will be lost"
Me: "uh,.. alright?"
[I feel a bit sad I did this]
"WhY?...WhY dId YoU KiLl ThEm AlL?...yOu BlOoDy HeLl MoNsTeR...I'LL MAKE YOU PAY!!! FOR THE BLOOD OF THE LOST!!!" ~Scars final words before his final battle [not final boss]

Battle Theme: Blood of the Lost
Face Sprite
Forgotten Eclipse_Scar Dead+Final Battle with him.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelotepalote