K. B. Miller

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hiya, everyone! ^^ Now that I've upgraded to MV, I thought it's finally time to create a forum account and talk to you all!

Being a hobbyist, MV kinda threw me a loop with the plugins and the disappearing Resource Manager and whatever, but it's nothing I can't learn to deal with. I'm not used to writing my own scripts, but I can read them and edit where they need it in a pinch.

Attached is the order my plugins are installed. I've tried a few combinations, but the AutoLoad isn't working.

help1.jpg

I'm making a horror game, and when it comes to the game's style, I thought that things such as having to manually save and the default title screen would get in the way, so I went about making my own and finding work-arounds. 8Direction and SkipTitle plugins work perfectly.

- Now the problem/request/whatever. I use 2 plugins to get around the save feature: OrangeAutoSave by Hudell and AutoloadGame by Jeremy Kahn. - 

It appears AutoSave works fine, but Autoload doesn't deliver. I'm not exactly sure how they interact, or if it doesn't do what I thought it's suppose to.

The plan is to have the game autosave every time the player is transferred to a different map using Hudell's plugin, then if the game is exited, Jeremy's plugin is suppose to kick in during boot and load the last autosave. Unfortunately, even though it seems to be autosaving fine, exiting the game and going back in only restarts the whole game instead of loading at the autosave. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing or if it has something to do with Jeremy's plugin. If it's something not related to the plugins, I'll happily include a copy of my 'game'. It's not really a game yet... I've barely got the ball rolling, lol. Once this problem is solved, I can get to the nitty gritty and actually start making it.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to JScript, so I hope you bare with me! ^^; Thanks!

EDIT: New "not a function" problem. See post below. Can't find a solution.

Last edited by a moderator:

lithkast

Quirky mini boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
You probably didn't set the default file to load.  That is the most common problem I'd see.

when you added the plugin, the bottom box would have an option to set which save file would load.  make sure that matches with the auto save script.

other than that, all I could think of is that by skipping the title screen, it is screwing with the auto load.  I downloaded the auto load script and tried it.  It skipped me right to the load menu then instantly loaded the game, without the title screen.  So really, if the files match then its the skip title screen plugin that is your issue.  You don't need it with the auto load script anyways.  I'd just cut the skip title screen script out because more than likely that is your culprit.

K. B. Miller

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Apologizes for the delay in posts. ^^

Welp, the SkipTitle was the problem, but disabling it caused a whole new one. Now that my game is recognizing the AutoLoad, debug says that line 18 of the plugin is 'not a function'. I'm not sure if it's an error in the code itself, or if it's conflicting with something else. I highly doubt the second option; I disabled all other plugins, and it still comes up with that same error.

Here's a couple screenies, first of the error and second of the plugin I'm using:

help2.jpg

help3.jpg

EDIT: Deleted SkipTitle altogether. If a plugin is inactive but still in the roster, could it still mess with other plugins? I'm going to say no, but remove them anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
I tried Jeremy C Khan's autoload plugin and I got the same problem. There is something going on with the 18th line in that file that just doesn't work right from the start (Undefined/ not a function error on F8).

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

This one is less showing off and more 'I really don't know how I feel about this one.' The 'child' sprite template I made either works great or doesn't at times. (She is a fairy, so I made her small).
Morgan.png
I am new to RPG maker MV, please be harsh with me :D
Shaz wrote on Tohtori_Jamba's profile.
Hi, you can post a thread for your game in the Completed Games forum. Please check the pinned thread there and make sure you provide all the requested information.
and_remember_tomorrow_more_redesigns_4.jpg

edit: The complete redesign of my player HUD, Time rewind message, mini map and puzzle map.... I'll toss up an animated version later. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexis353