Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
AUTOLOAD LATEST SAVEGAME ON GAMEOVER
 ​
Hello everyone.

Today is a glorious day for me, I finally did something by myself with this program :D

Changelog

--> Version 1.1

Added line 56, the game wouldn't resume BGM or BGS after being autoloaded, now it does.

Description

As the name says, this snippet will load the last saved game instead of going to the title scene.

I was looking for this and didn't find anything on the internet, only people demanding it. So, here it is.

All the details are in the script commented section.

Instructions

Copy and paste under Materials

Plug & Play

Enjoy.

Code:
#===============================================================================#~ AUTOLOAD LATEST SAVEGAME ON GAMEOVER#===============================================================================#~ Made by Torqus#~ Version 1.1#===============================================================================# Instructions:# Copy and paste this anywhere under Materials.# Plug & Play.## Description:# After the GameOver scene appears and the player presses the button, the latest# saved file will be loaded without sending the player to title. Unless there's no# file to load, then the player will be sent to the title screen.### You can use this snippet for commercial & non-commercial games# No need to credit me, this is a really simple snippet## Also, be aware that this is my first time writing in this code,# there may be improvements to do, if you have an idea that could improve# this, post it in the thread.## I'm sharing this because I saw people asking for it and no solution to be found## There were no bugs found in my testing, if you found any, please report it# in the forum thread. I might know how to do a patch or something (no promises).#=============================================================================== class Scene_Gameover < Scene_Base   #---------------------------------------------------------------#   CHEKS IF THERE'S A SAVED GAME TO LOAD, IF NOT, GOES TO TITLE#---------------------------------------------------------------  def update    super    if Input.trigger?(:C)      if DataManager.save_file_exists?      continue_game      else      goto_title      end    end  end #---------------------------------------------------------------#   AUTO-LOAD LATEST SAVED GAME#---------------------------------------------------------------  def continue_game    fadeout_all    DataManager.load_game(DataManager.latest_savefile_index)    SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)    $game_system.on_after_load  endend

Last edited by a moderator:

tale

Volunteer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Fixed script format, credit Torqus.
Code:
#===============================================================================
#~ AUTOLOAD LATEST SAVEGAME ON GAMEOVER
#===============================================================================
#~ Made by Torqus
#~ Version 1.1
# Instructions:
# Copy and paste this anywhere under Materials.
# Plug & Play.
#
# Description:
# After the GameOver scene appears and the player presses the button, the latest
# saved file will be loaded without sending the player to title. Unless there's no
# file to load, then the player will be sent to the title screen.
#
#
# You can use this snippet for commercial & non-commercial games
# No need to credit me, this is a really simple snippet
#
# Also, be aware that this is my first time writing in this code,
# there may be improvements to do, if you have an idea that could improve
# this, post it in the thread.
#
# I'm sharing this because I saw people asking for it and no solution to be found
#
# There were no bugs found in my testing, if you found any, please report it
# in the forum thread. I might know how to do a patch or something (no promises).
class Scene_Gameover < Scene_Base   
#---------------------------------------------------------------
#   CHEKS IF THERE'S A SAVED GAME TO LOAD, IF NOT, GOES TO TITLE
def update   
  super   
  if Input.trigger?(:C)     
    if DataManager.save_file_exists?     
      continue_game     
    else     
      goto_title     
    end   
  end 
end
#   AUTO-LOAD LATEST SAVED GAME
def continue_game   
  fadeout_all   
  DataManager.load_game(DataManager.latest_savefile_index)   
  SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)   
  $game_system.on_after_load 
end
end

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser
wake me up when Photoshop stop crashing everytime
Brioche with a crème patissiere filling is so tasty!
A group of Game creators and others who trying to revive the Feel of Multiplayer and TOWN/ROLEPLAY games

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotelbones