Blureinade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there. I'm planning to do a automatic airship cutscene for my game and I'd appreciate it if you could help me how do so and I find it quite difficult create that situation.

The cutscene is supposed to happen after I walk out of my house and then it triggers it and shows the airship flying around automatically in the game's open world and changes to the inferior of the airship with a couple

of characters speaking like in the traditional Final Fantasy games.

Many Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a regular cutscene - simply use an event with the airship-sprite there.

The vehicle itself should only be used if the player is controling it as some move commands are problematic if the player has boarded a vehicle. A cutscene could be done with the vehicles active, but why go to that trouble if the player doesn't control them at that scene anyway?

If you have problems creating regular cutscenes, then please be more specific on what doesn't work and show the autorun-event controlling your cutscene in a screenshot.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since it will require several maps, you will not be able to do the whole thing in one controlling event. Ace, in all its wisdom, has decided that if you change maps, an event from one map cannot make changes (move routes, graphic changes, etc) to events on other maps, even if you've transferred to the other map beforehand.

So you will need an autorun event on each of the maps to control what happens on that map.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

With my project, I want the player to have access to all the tools they need to get from New Game to Credits as soon as possible; I want the player's progress to only be impeded by the player not knowing how to use the tools the game provides.
Just a little close up shot...
w2xZocX.jpg
finally drew the last member of "team outcast" for my game. since my game has a lot fighting game elements in it, there's bosses in teams of three like King of Fighters.
What do you guys think about Survival mechanics in games (Hunger, thirst, etc.)?
Do you find them to be an enjoyable obstacle or a bit of a nuisance?

Asking for a friend... :stickytongue:
Run Script Calls & Play Unique Sound Effects With Each Skill & Item | RPG Maker News #113

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balthier