Automatic Airship Cutscene

Blureinade

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there. I'm planning to do a automatic airship cutscene for my game and I'd appreciate it if you could help me how do so and I find it quite difficult create that situation.

The cutscene is supposed to happen after I walk out of my house and then it triggers it and shows the airship flying around automatically in the game's open world and changes to the inferior of the airship with a couple

of characters speaking like in the traditional Final Fantasy games.

Many Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a regular cutscene - simply use an event with the airship-sprite there.

The vehicle itself should only be used if the player is controling it as some move commands are problematic if the player has boarded a vehicle. A cutscene could be done with the vehicles active, but why go to that trouble if the player doesn't control them at that scene anyway?

If you have problems creating regular cutscenes, then please be more specific on what doesn't work and show the autorun-event controlling your cutscene in a screenshot.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since it will require several maps, you will not be able to do the whole thing in one controlling event. Ace, in all its wisdom, has decided that if you change maps, an event from one map cannot make changes (move routes, graphic changes, etc) to events on other maps, even if you've transferred to the other map beforehand.

So you will need an autorun event on each of the maps to control what happens on that map.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

purefury wrote on hiddenone's profile.
Hiddenone you are simply incredible, and an inspiration to the community!
https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotominekurumi