Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello,

I wanted to see if there was a script/process to do the following:

I.E. - (edited to clarify)
1) Yan casts Fire Storm.
2) Because Fire Storm was casted, every turn thereafter will cause one of the following skills to be performed every turn: Ignite, Flamethrower, or Fire Veil. (note: this does not use up a player turn, this happens independently).
3) Process repeats 4 or so times each turn throughout the battle.

In regular conceptual terms:
1) Character X uses skill Y.
2) When skill Y is used, it uses said skill, however it will also randomly use a set of skills during battle automatically, this does not use the character's turn either.
3) Repeats Z amount of times.

I tried googling/searching for topics, but no avail. Any help in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't completely understood your description. If Yan casts 'Fire Esper' is that itself a skill? And if so, why does that skill use another skill 'Fire Storm'? If it is not a skill, how does Yan 'cast' it, and what is it?

orphen89

Experimenter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I guess for the example, 'Fire Esper' is redundant and unnecessary in that sense. For step 1) Yan casts skill Fire Storm. 2) Because skill Fire Storm was casted, this will automatically have either Ignite, Flamethrower, or Fire Veil occur every turn for 4 turns during battle.

Let me know if that clarifies.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
can we wrap the concept under "character uses skill, skill causes state, state triggers skill after-effect"?

if you want to find the how-to for something, strip that something of whatever is nomenclature and stick with generic object names.
that way you'll get straight to the problem.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The closest 'explanation' I could think is something like this

It might be doable with event, but idk, I never really play with battle event as I prefer to directly alter the game code, although I never make something like this

orphen89

Experimenter
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
can we wrap the concept under "character uses skill, skill causes state, state triggers skill after-effect"?

if you want to find the how-to for something, strip that something of whatever is nomenclature and stick with generic object names.
that way you'll get straight to the problem.
Sure thing. I've updated.

Harosata

Dramatic Lightning's BFF
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In Common Event Terms, Fire Storm sets a Variable to 4, then at each turn, cast a random skill and drop that variable by one.

---

Fortunately, there seems to be a script for that:

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/auto-skill-on-turn-action-end.24843/

To use that script, Fire Storm would also need to add a state to the caster (a.add_state(x)) with the state lasting 4 turns. However, I don't know how this script treats multiple objects, but from a glance, I'm guessing that each state was designed with one skill in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

purefury wrote on hiddenone's profile.
Hiddenone you are simply incredible, and an inspiration to the community!
https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotominekurumi