Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
coollogo_com-293341304.png
[Video is outdated. Demo available bellow.]

RPG Maker MV

Orbs are tools of war that can be used in battle in order to gain advantage over your opponent in battle.
The kingdom of Misigara wages war on the kingdom of Sasori and suddenly monsters appear out of nowhere around that time, what is the connection?

A young adventurer named Axios with the innate ability of Zetta-Flare (A force capable of destroying a whole nation.) finds himself pursued by headhunters on the orders of Misigara.

Autonomous Orbs are the Orbs that have a mind of their own. Each of them is capable of using abilities which can be used by the player when he collects the device needed to craft one of his own.

Each Autonomous Orb has initiators (A glowing device that allows an Autonomous Orb to use it's abilities.)
These initiators can be retrieved by the player and be used in order to craft an Orb.

The kingdom of Misigara and the kingdom of Sasori created them these so called Autonomous Orbs so they would attack one another.
In the process, there were many defective of them and they disposed them on the world of Ikai.
These Autonomous Orbs are mainly the monsters that inhabit the world.

Cid, an old man who owns an Orb shop in Aurora village has started a rebellion against the kingdom of Misigara (Which occupies Aurora village and the large vicinity around it.)

He and his grandson Mid are deeming who is worthy to join their resistance against the kingdom of Misigara by sending them on mundane quests to show their worth.

What if I told you that the vigorous Axios is actually himself a humanoid form of Autonomous Orb and that's the reason why he has the innate ability of Zetta-Flare capable of destroying whole-wide nations?

Axios was created by Ranaxos, the head of Misigara's science and Orb developing division, in hopes of using him as a puppet to destroy the kingdom of Sasori.

However Ranaxos's plans were thwarted when two independent rebels busted Axios out of the lab and into Aurora Village, where Cid has his opperation. These two rebels are A: Kado Astir, a nearly middle aged man with blue hair and B: Oresta, the daughter of Ranaxos who feared what he might do with all this power in his hands if he used it for evil.

An Active Time Battle Final Fantasy style game with lots of customization options from Point Distribution system to Orb equipping system which allows for custom skill sets.

Scripters (Programmers), Pixel Artists, Artists, Composers, Mappers, Writers

I will mainly Event and write the story.

If anyone needs a writer for your project, let me know if I can help.

Axios.png Axios: A young adventurer with no prior memories. He has the innate ability of Zetta-Flare, capable of destroying a whole nation. Was intended to be used as a tool of war by Ranaxos, up until his plans were thwarted.

Mid.png Mid: The grandson of Cid, he and his grandfather formed the resistance against Misigara, and currently recruiting adventurers around the world. The fact that Axios happened to be one of them was a real boon to them.

Elektra.png Oresta: Daughter of Ranaxos, the head of Misigara's science and Orb developing division, she along with Kado Astir, took Axios out of the lab and landed him in Aurora village where Cid has his rebel headquarters and shop.

Kado.png Kado Astir: A nearly middle aged man who, along with Oresta, busted Axios out of Ranaxos lab. He was raised in an orphanage.

In the world of Ikai, two dominant kingdoms are waging war on one another, the kingdom of Misigara and the kingdom of Sasori.
Both are developing Autonomous Orbs as a mean to destroy one another and the defected Autonomous Orbs they didn't need, let them roam the world as monsters.
This is the reason the world is infested with monsters.

Attack.pngAurora_Forest.pngAurora_Village.pngBattle_Spoils.pngCraft_Orb.pngDelivery_Docks.pngDid_Not_Used_To_Be_Monsters.png
Emergion_Of_Monsters.png
Docks_Confiscation.pngEquipping_Orb.pngEquipping_Orb_2.pngMonsters_Infestation_Cid.pngOrbs_Tools_Of_War.pngPotion_Found.pngWars_Of_Misigara_And_Monsters.png

Feel free to add me at Discord: SwordSkill#3901

Attachments

• Title_Autonomous_Orbs.png
    Title_Autonomous_Orbs.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Avelon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hi, I can be a writer, and I also compose piano-only music. I think I would prefer to be a writer for this project, if possible. Do you still need either of those roles?

Last edited:

Dmooshi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can be a graphic artist, I can't draw full body though :kaoblush:

SwordSkill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, I can be a writer, and I also compose piano-only music. I think I would prefer to be a writer for this project, if possible. Do you still need either of those roles?
Hello, I just saw your post, sure if you want you can be co-writter. I'd gladly accept :)
You can add me on Discord: SwordSkill#3901

I can be a graphic artist, I can't draw full body though :kaoblush:
Of course, the project needs an artist badly.
Consider adding me on Discord as well: SwordSkill#3901

Avelon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Friend Request sent! Unless I added the wrong person....

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got sick, so I guess Imma grind for orbs today! :biggrin: Anyway, I played yo demo up to the point where I beat the soldiers at the pier, and got the kung-fu girl. Here's what I thought:

• Getting stuff from monsters is fun, like they're a resource and not an obstacle. (I mean sure they give exp and gold, but beyond that!) :kaoswt2:
  • The initial dungeon was fun! I mean, it was totally short, it had a single chest with a fire ring, and the mons were a breeze! Minimalistic and elegant! Only improvement is maybe put some kinda switch there to attract mons? Like maybe a bonfire or a torch you can poke that summons them? 'Cuz you hafta grind them anyway, might as well do away with walking in circles!
  • Cid and Mid totally need a change in name! :kaoswt: Bitt and Mitt? Paa and Kidd? Bratt and Britt? Shim and Sham? I dunno, but can't be Cid and Mid! :biggrin:
  • Ya got a few inexplicable fadeouts, like in the beginning, when my dude Axios walks outa Cid's hut and into Aurora Village, and again when I knock on Mid's door. Could you remove the fadeouts please, for me? :wub Gonna be a lot smoother without! :kaoluv:
  • Also, yo dialogues got me tappin' Z like crrrraaaazzyyyy, 'cuz why so slow? There's pauses that don't make sense, so mebbe jus' speed errything up a bit? Need a bit of proofreading and content editing too, but don'tcha worry, you can always do that later!
  • Aurora Village mappin' and world mappin' quite nice! I couldn't run indoors tho, why? It's like Axios having an image of his mom in mind all the time, sayin' "Mustn't run indoors, mustn't run indoors, and mustn't mustn't mustn't run with scissors..." :biggrin::biggrin::kaoswt2:
  • Field skills always SO NICE! :kaoluv: Also grinding pretty fun 'cuz always into getting more initiators! (Can't be "recipes" tho. Soups have recipes! Mebbe "schematics"?)
  • Forest was a breeze, thank god for easy dungeons and bosses! :kaoluv: It felt too linear tho? I mean, don't get me wrong, I like linear... but I don't like when it feels linear, y'know? I know I'm sometimes hard to please, like a beech stop already, but could you make it so the forest is linear, but it feels like it's not? Gonna be more work in mapping for you, tho... :kaoswt:
  • Also, ice blocks? I know, I know, it makes sense once you get to the boss, but hey why not vines or thorny tangles? You could also burn vines, and then you could have a deadly FLOWER BOSS! :wub:wub:wub Aaaand, why not trim down the amount of blocks too? Like, mebbe one or two is enough? Then a coupla more where the soldier is trapped?
Sooo, that's it for now! How long is yo demo gonna be? EDIT: Oh, never mind! I found out! :kaoluv:

Last edited:

Dmooshi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I finished the demo and here's my reviews:
  • The mapping is quite good, especially the Aurora Village but it looks empty ya know? it would be better if there are a villager outside the houses or on the outskirts to interact to :LZSsmile:
  • Cid and Mid's name should be changed :biggrin:
  • The Aurora Forest was quite easy to pass through, i know it should be easy i guess, but maybe make some parts of it be a little difficult? anyways it was okay though but it should've been better. Also why ice walls/ stuff and not vines like @alice_gristle said :LZScheeze:
  • And maybe the abandoned town should be hidden amidst the mountains, Oresta would guide them there. A mountain that is definitely simple looking and nonpassable/common but when you interact with it, Oresta would said "here it is" and boom! a secret stuff :kaoswt2:
  • But why is Mid wearing a scarf even though it's not winter? :biggrin:
So that's it, I'm looking forward for it to be completed! It's really fun :LZSjoy:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I beat the demo, but the starter town is default way, hopefully you
use other tiles than default?

Also, when the game start with the old man, there are few issues going on:
1) the old man and the boy (Axios), name or text box falls outside the window
2) sometimes the "Old Man" name is inside the message box and the name box.
3) sometimes it flips up and down which is not a good looking, specially if it's
a default window font.

if you want a bubble text box, make sure you have the resolution for it, or
use a bit smaller font so it fit the window.

On the first cave, you get a scroll with the text on it. which is an issue
as the text falls outside the scroll.

you could make the text ON the scroll to read, or make it fit on the scroll
if you want to use it constantly.

besides those, the town and forest uses 2 different fonts, I would
rather stick with 1 kind of font. (effect can be different or name boxes.

as there are more issues, I dont want to mark them all at this point as some
or most is already given above.

if the game have a smoother story, I might redo the game for a full
bug/glitch run to point out, but for now, those are the once I will give you :)

good luck on your project though =)

Granizado

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @SwordSkill ! I already send you a discord request...but I realized I should ask here first. Are you still looking for some help? I'm a novice pixel artist, but I would love to help you (or at least try it) with some sprites. Let me know if you are interested.

Thank you for time!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macaronnnnnnnn