Autorun even is not running at all

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by cadencefire, Jan 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadencefire

cadencefire Cadencefire Member

First Language:
    English
    [RPG MAKER VX ACE]

Hello! I ran into a bump in the road and wanted to see if anyone can help me out. Below I explain the trouble shooting I did on my own.

Scenario Desired: Plater enters map and walks over one of the squares or talks to the NPC in the blue box. NPC movement and dialogue finishes and the quest begins.

Initial Problem: Events (in blue box) kept being triggered and would not stop running.

Solution: Set up self-switch to turn off event.

Follow-up Problem: Only worked for event activated.

Solution: Set each event to meet a new variable condition before being activated. +Previous solution.

Current Problem: Autorun event (in red box) set up to activate variable trigger will not run.

I have taken away the autorun event to see what happens and the scenario I wasn runs fine. However, the previous issue returns where all events set up continue to activate in a loop. I have had an autorun event take place on a previous map and that works perfectly fine. I don't understand why the autorun event page on the map will not work. I even tried adding in a text box to see if it would appear but it never does which means the autorun event isn't running.

I have added screenshots for both events. Thank you for any help given. :)

Event_to_be_Triggered.PNG

Event_to_be_Triggered_2.PNG

Problem_Page.PNG

Problem_Page_2.PNG

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Unfortunately the last of the three pictures doesn't load for me, so I can't check if my guess is correct - but the only thing that can prevent the autorun in picture three from processing is if the second page of that event has all conditions fullfilled.

The highest page number has priority and if it is active, all pages with lower page numbers will be ignored and remain inactive.

So if the second page of the autorun has no conditions or conditions that are already true, then the autorun will not be activated.

And the fact that both autorun and parallel processes automatically repeat is mentioned in the tutorials and in the help file

Edit: now it loaded, and it confirmed my guess - the second page has no condition, so the first page with the autorun can never become active because the second page always has priority above the autorun.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  3. NathanW

NathanW Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Autorun is used for making things run as soon as a player transfers onto the map, via the 'Transfer Player' event command. You should use Event Touch as the trigger, so when the event is touched, it will run without needing to activate (I believe).

If it continues to loop after being activated, use a Variable condition (Variable 001 is 0 or above) to make it active, then use the 'Control Variable' option to add 1 to the variable (To make Variable 001 equal to 1), so that the condition disables all of the triggers you have.

4. cadencefire

cadencefire Cadencefire Member

First Language:
    English
    Thank you guys so much for the help! And fast too! The issue was as you said Andar. I needed to check the self switch box but I will keep in mind what you said NathanW. Now to fix the other issues. XD

Cans someone close this thread? My problem has been sollved.

5. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not exactly - an autorun is used to do something as soon as the conditions are fulfilled. Without conditions, that is when the player transfers into the map - but most autoruns have conditions and are thereby executed not upon transfer, but when the player does something specific on the map.
    Next time you want one of your topics closed, simply report the topic with a "please close", that is better than writing it in the topic in the hope that someone reads it.
    This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

cadencefire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.