Autorun event wont start

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's gone well so far i guess until I got the moghunter plugins but anyways it's a cutscene that should take place after entering the game
but it hasn't
this is the coding
1581892619304.png1581892648059.png1581892665069.png1581892675935.png1581892687945.png Did i somehow make a mistake somewhere? please help

Windyhouser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What's on the second page? Events run pages in reverse order, so the higher numbers run first if they can. Also, if you don't want that event to run every time you enter the room, you should set it to turn on a self switch, and set a higher page to be conditioned by that self switch, rather than using erase event.

glaphen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would assume you don't have actor 2 in party or the 2nd page is taking priority, which I don't see any trigger for any 2nd page to start either.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also wonder why show picture #1, than erase, show pic 2, erase, show picte 3, you can erase pictures, overwrite with the new pict 1,

show picture 1, than show picture 1 (different name) same location) it can save alotof picture
place if not used else where :)

but the it also run if actor "N Italy" is in party or it wont run it as well.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would assume you don't have actor 2 in party or the 2nd page is taking priority, which I don't see any trigger for any 2nd page to start either.
Ah Actually I added that after it wouldn't work, The game starts with Actor 2 and 3

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also wonder why show picture #1, than erase, show pic 2, erase, show picte 3, you can erase pictures, overwrite with the new pict 1,

show picture 1, than show picture 1 (different name) same location) it can save alotof picture
place if not used else where :)

but the it also run if actor "N Italy" is in party or it wont run it as well.
oo might try that

and NItaly is in the party or at least should be lol

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you haven't answered the first question: what is page 2?

Higher page number means higher pagepriority, if page 2 is active then page 1 cannot happen at all.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Changing the pictures has nothing to do with your problem. It's just an improvement that was noticed.

Please show a screenshot of page 2 of that event, one of your Actors tab, and when you get to this map where the autorun event SHOULD be playing but isn't, go into the menu and post a screenshot of that, so we can see who's in your party.

When you do screenshots, please use Alt + PrintScreen, as it captures the information we want to see, but crops out the background. This makes it easier to read the screens without having to open the image up to a larger size.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Changing the pictures has nothing to do with your problem. It's just an improvement that was noticed.

Please show a screenshot of page 2 of that event, one of your Actors tab, and when you get to this map where the autorun event SHOULD be playing but isn't, go into the menu and post a screenshot of that, so we can see who's in your party.

When you do screenshots, please use Alt + PrintScreen, as it captures the information we want to see, but crops out the background. This makes it easier to read the screens without having to open the image up to a larger size.
1582160258907.pngoop sorry :) it's just blank.is that my issue?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. When determining which page should be active, RPG Maker starts at the highest numbered page and works its way backwards until it finds a page with no conditions, or one where all conditions are met. So if your highest page has no conditions, that will be the active one.

Sparky89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's gone well so far i guess until I got the moghunter plugins but anyways it's a cutscene that should take place after entering the game
but it hasn't
this is the coding
View attachment 134386View attachment 134387View attachment 134388View attachment 134389View attachment 134390 Did i somehow make a mistake somewhere? please help
Add a self switch on page one, not sure whats on page 2.. so then check the self switch A on say page 3. get rid of erase event at the end of page 1.

Sparky89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also something I learned, is get your mechanics to work first... so I leave text boxes blank or write in TEST for example..when you know your events work then fill out the texts, so many times I've wrote story and the mechanic behind the events didn't work when testing, and having to go THROUGH all the logs in play test mode before I can test the last event. lol hope it helps.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Add a self switch on page one, not sure whats on page 2.. so then check the self switch A on say page 3. get rid of erase event at the end of page 1.
I can't actually follow what you're saying here.

I think you are referring to disabling the autorun event after it's done. In that case, at the end of page 1, you need to add a CONTROL SELF SWITCHES: A = ON. Then have a page 2 using SELF SWITCH A is ON in the conditions.

Sparky89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't actually follow what you're saying here.

I think you are referring to disabling the autorun event after it's done. In that case, at the end of page 1, you need to add a CONTROL SELF SWITCHES: A = ON. Then have a page 2 using SELF SWITCH A is ON in the conditions.
Thats what i wrote i was rushing though.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[DPOST]Sparky89[/DPOST]
If you want to add something, and no one has replied since you, just use the Edit button on your post and type in the additional comment/info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There's another Humble Bundle available now for RPG developer assets, this time focused somewhat more towards pixel art style games.
Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soulwire