Autorun events issue?

XENVITA

https://xenvita.carrd.co/
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Hello I'm new to this and I'll try my best to explain the issue.
I technically already know the basics of how the functions works, however just now I was trying to make a cut scene to run but I encounter some problems.

The characters in the white squares somehow are not moving when they should be moving the same along with the characters in red squares. When they move, they're set to autorun until the end of the set moves.

Here's a video to demonstrate the problem.

Much appreciate for the help!

((Yes, I'm making a KH fan game >///>))

Attachments

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think autorun makes other events and process stopped, until autorun event ends, so putting two events as "autorun" makes them block each other. You should use parallel process.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
can you post the whole event logic?

I feel like this should be easy to handle by using another event as a director sending instructions to the actor events in your scene.
instead of having each actor have it's own logic, put the logic into a director event, and have it drive the whole sequence.
if that's what you're doing, then maybe a "wait for completion" check is failing somewhere.

XENVITA

Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
can you post the whole event logic?

I feel like this should be easy to handle by using another event as a director sending instructions to the actor events in your scene.
instead of having each actor have it's own logic, put the logic into a director event, and have it drive the whole sequence.
if that's what you're doing, then maybe a "wait for completion" check is failing somewhere.
I actually have the ''Kairi'' character/pink hair set as the director one that supposedly active to lead all the other characters to move. Here's how she's set to move and then the switches active the other 3 events/character.

Attachments

XENVITA

Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I think autorun makes other events and process stopped, until autorun event ends, so putting two events as "autorun" makes them block each other. You should use parallel process.
I think the parallel process thing work! Thank you so much.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@fizzly @XENVITA
Please keep in mind that a high number of parallel processes are extremely likely to lag the game to hell.
While it is correct that only one autorun can be active at any given time, the solution to that depends on what is actually wanted and is not always a spamming of parallel processes.

Just as an example - inside a cutscene there should always a single controlling event that remote-controlls all other events involved. If you had the other events move themselves by autorun, switching them to parallel processes will call timing problems in addition to the lag problems.
Because in that case you should use a single autorun to controll all other events instead of dozens of autoruns or dozens of parallel processes.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
inside a cutscene there should always a single controlling event that remote-controlls all other events involved.
and this can be achieved in a number of ways:
-you can set the actor events to have a predetermined route assigned to a secondary page that'll trigger based on a switch while the director waits for the choreography to end.
-you can have the director assign a move route to each actor in question, sequentially, using wait commands to delay the sequence until the movement is completed.
-you can have a global sequence counter that every actor and the director will watch for cues, and have the actors trigger their pages on cue, and update that counter once they're done, to bring that sequence to a point the director will watch to resume it's own sequence in a different page.

way 1 is the straightforward "now!" way.
way 2 is the *director directing* way.
way 3 is the "handshake" or "semaphore" way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ive got a long lost half uncle. Thats real cool.
I forget what is bumping rule in this forum. Is anyone know? Thank you.
BCj
Ew, why does my blogpost on the rpgmaker.net site look like a garbled mess? Are html codes disabled or something?
I feel that I should cut down on my order queue so I can get some more time for my projects, its been quite a longggg while since I worked on them LOL
I friend of mine insisted on practicing dubbing things with him... and its quite funny, yet, it really takes a huge amount of practice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubberjohnny