Autosave Plugins

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by Drunken Paladin, May 27, 2019.

1. Drunken Paladin

Drunken Paladin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi everyone, there are a couple of autosave plugins out there, but they all offer slightly different features and none of them offer the exact ones I would like.

Yanfly's automatically overwrites your latest save file, which is uncharacteristically not well thought out, but I do like the little text popup that accompanies a successful autosave and the assured compatibility with Save Core.

Orange's autosave plugin has the ability to designate an autosave slot, which is ideal. The problem is, it has a more noticeable impact on performance when transferring maps (and doesn't do the text popup). I also don't know for certain whether it's fully compatible with Save Core.

Ideally, I would really like to use Yanfly's autosave plugin, but with the designated autosave slot feature from Orange. If anyone here could help me out, I'd be grateful (and I'm sure plenty of other people would be grateful, too).

2. ZephyrAM

ZephyrAM Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If you're willing to work on one not quite released, see if mine works for you. In Plugins in Development, or from my site down in my sub. Let me know if it does what you're after! And what else you may want it to do.

Edit:
    Might as well make it easier ^_^
    Plugin thread

~ Zephyr

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  3. Drunken Paladin

Drunken Paladin Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hi Zehphyr, based on the features described it sounds great, but I'm a little concerned by the requirement of the Core plugin which has a lot of features that appear redundant with some of Yanfly's plugins I'm working with.

4. ZephyrAM

ZephyrAM Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My Core is mostly utilities, but because of common overlap, there's toggles in the Core plugin settings to turn off most of the plugin (keyboard/gamepad keybinds and Quit window). What's left shouldn't cause you any trouble, but of course let me know if it does!

You'll also have to make certain you change the quicksave/load keybinds if you toggle off the reassigns in Core.

Edit:
    Though I did 'just' realize I had a bit more code wrapped into the Quit toggle than intended, so fixed that just now. XD

~ Zephyr

Drunken Paladin likes this.
  5. Felski

Felski Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Drunken Paladin likes this.