Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Autosave 1.0.0

by Todd (or DoctorTodd on RMRK)

Introduction

Change autosave file name to autosave and have an optional window saying the game was autosaved.

Features

• Change max files.
  • Call autosave

How to Use

Paste above main.

Configure the script to the way you like it.

Script

Code:
#===============================================================================
#
# DT's Autosave
# Author: DoctorTodd
# Date (06/22/2012)
# Version: (1.0.0) (VXA)
# Level: (Simple)
# Email: Todd@beacongames.com
#
#===============================================================================
#
# NOTES: 1)This script will only work with ace.
#
#
# Description: Saves the game when transferring the map, before battle,
# and opening the menu (all optional).
#
# Credits: Me (DoctorTodd)
#
#
# Instructions
# Paste above main.
# Call using Autosave.call
#
#
# Free for any use as long as I'm credited.
#
#
# Editing begins 37 and ends on 50.
#
module ToddAutoSaveAce

#Max files (without autosave).
	  MAXFILES = 16

#Autosave file name.
	  AUTOSAVEFILENAME = "Autosave"

#Autosave before battle?
	  AUTOSAVEBB =  true

#Autosave when menu opened?
	  AUTOSAVEM =  true

#Autosave when changing map?
	  AUTOSAVETM =  true
	end
#==============================================================================
# ** Autosave
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This module contains the autosave method. This is allows you to use the
# "Autosave.call" command.

module Autosave
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Call method
  def self.call
  DataManager.save_game_without_rescue(0)
end
end
# ** DataManager
#  This module manages the database and game objects. Almost all of the
# global variables used by the game are initialized by this module.

module DataManager
  # * Maximum Number of Save Files
  def self.savefile_max
	return ToddAutoSaveAce::MAXFILES + 1
  end  
end
# ** Scene_Map
#  This class performs the map screen processing.

class Scene_Map < Scene_Base
  # * Preprocessing for Battle Screen Transition
  def pre_battle_scene
	Graphics.update
	Graphics.freeze
	@spriteset.dispose_characters
	BattleManager.save_bgm_and_bgs
	BattleManager.play_battle_bgm
	Sound.play_battle_start
  Autosave.call if ToddAutoSaveAce::AUTOSAVEBB
end
  # * Call Menu Screen
  def call_menu
	Sound.play_ok
	SceneManager.call(Scene_Menu)
	Window_MenuCommand::init_command_position
  Autosave.call if ToddAutoSaveAce::AUTOSAVEM
end
  # * Post Processing for Transferring Player
  def post_transfer
	case $game_temp.fade_type
	when 0
	  Graphics.wait(fadein_speed / 2)
	  fadein(fadein_speed)
	when 1
	  Graphics.wait(fadein_speed / 2)
	  white_fadein(fadein_speed)
	end
	@map_name_window.open
  Autosave.call if ToddAutoSaveAce::AUTOSAVETM
end
end
FAQ

None right now.

Credit and Thanks

- Todd

Author's Notes

See header

Spy

Spy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello and thank you for your script

I get this error when I open the menu:

Capture.PNG

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Todd

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright I'll find a solution.

EDIT:

What menu and save system are you using? Do you know of any scripts that may cause the problem?

Spy

Spy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
EDIT : I found, the script "Khas Awesome Light Effects" is the problem.

You have a solution?

Todd

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well the menu script isn't the problem, could you make a copy of your project and remove scripts until the it works?

Spy

Spy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Lol I just edited the above.

The problem is the script Khas Awesome Light Effects :)

Todd

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright I'll see if I can fix it.

EDIT:

Weird I can't recreate the error...

Spy

Spy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses

Attachments

• Project1.rar
    322 bytes · Views: 54

Todd

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That almost gave me a virus. :o

But yes I see what you mean. I put the autosave script above it and it fixed the menu but not the autosave call. I'll try to fix the autosave call in my next version.

Spy

Spy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Ok Thank you :)

Todd

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright I'll start it tomorrow (It's 1:53 AM where I am and I'm in no mood to script).

EDIT:

Sorry Jormarcenter, I've been working on some other stuff. I'll attempt to make them compatible.

gameguy199

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
hello i seem to be having a problem with this script.

the script is supposed to rename a single file 'autosave'.

and yet as i look through my files i cannot find the one labled "autosave".

any ideas why?

Todd

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Use this version, the main one is outdated. This version allows you to use these commands in a script call. Make sure to credit both me and ArkLennard.

Code:
Autosave.callAutosave.load 
Code:
#===============================================================================## DT's Autosave# Author: DoctorTodd# Date (06/22/2012)# Edited by: ArkLennard# Date (01/13/2013)# Version: (1.0.0) (VXA)# Level: (Simple)# Email: Todd@beacongames.com##===============================================================================## NOTES: 1)This script will only work with ace.##===============================================================================## Description: Saves the game when transferring the map, before battle, # and opening the menu (all optional).## Credits: Me (DoctorTodd), ArkLennard##===============================================================================## Instructions# Paste above main.##===============================================================================## Free for any use as long as I'm credited.##===============================================================================## Editing begins 37 and ends on 50.##===============================================================================module ToddAutoSaveAce            #Max files (without autosave).      MAXFILES = 16            #Autosave file name.      AUTOSAVEFILENAME = "Autosave"            #Switch to activate autosave before battle?      AUTOSAVEBB = 1            #Switch to activate autosave when menu opened?      AUTOSAVEM =  2             #Switch to activate autosave when changing map?      AUTOSAVETM =  3             #Variable ID that contains the number where the sutosave file will be saved.      VARIABLE = 1          end#==============================================================================# ** Autosave#------------------------------------------------------------------------------# This module contains the autosave method. This allows you to use the# "Autosave.call" ans "Autosave.load" commands. #==============================================================================module Autosave  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Save header writer  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.make_save_header    header = {}    header[:characters] = $game_party.characters_for_savefile    header[:playtime_s] = $game_system.playtime_s    header  end  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Save contents writer  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.make_save_contents    contents = {}    contents[:system]        = $game_system    contents[:timer]         = $game_timer    contents[:message]       = $game_message    contents[:switches]      = $game_switches    contents[:variables]     = $game_variables    contents[:self_switches] = $game_self_switches    contents[:actors]        = $game_actors    contents[:party]         = $game_party    contents[:troop]         = $game_troop    contents[:map]           = $game_map    contents[:player]        = $game_player    contents  end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Save contents extractor  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.extract_save_contents(contents)    $game_system        = contents[:system]    $game_timer         = contents[:timer]    $game_message       = contents[:message]    $game_switches      = contents[:switches]    $game_variables     = contents[:variables]    $game_self_switches = contents[:self_switches]    $game_actors        = contents[:actors]    $game_party         = contents[:party]    $game_troop         = contents[:troop]    $game_map           = contents[:map]    $game_player        = contents[:player]  end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Map reloader  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.reload_map_if_updated    if $game_system.version_id != $data_system.version_id      $game_map.setup($game_map.map_id)      $game_player.center($game_player.x, $game_player.y)      $game_player.make_encounter_count    end  end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Total fade out  #     time : duration (milliseconds)  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.fadeout_all(time = 1000)    RPG::BGM.fade(time)    RPG::BGS.fade(time)    RPG::ME.fade(time)    Graphics.fadeout(time * Graphics.frame_rate / 1000)    RPG::BGM.stop    RPG::BGS.stop    RPG::ME.stop  end    #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Call method  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------    def self.call  File.open('Autosave.rvdata2', "wb") do |file|      $game_system.on_before_save      Marshal.dump(make_save_header, file)      Marshal.dump(make_save_contents, file)    end    end            def self.load    fadeout_all    File.open('Autosave.rvdata2', "rb") do |file|    Marshal.load(file)    extract_save_contents(Marshal.load(file))    reload_map_if_updated    end    $game_system.on_after_load    SceneManager.goto(Scene_Map)            end  end#==============================================================================# ** DataManager#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  This module manages the database and game objects. Almost all of the # global variables used by the game are initialized by this module.#==============================================================================module DataManager  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Maximum Number of Save Files  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def self.savefile_max    return ToddAutoSaveAce::MAXFILES + 1  end  end#==============================================================================# ** Scene_Map#------------------------------------------------------------------------------#  This class performs the map screen processing.#==============================================================================class Scene_Map < Scene_Base  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Preprocessing for Battle Screen Transition  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def pre_battle_scene    Graphics.update    Graphics.freeze    @spriteset.dispose_characters    BattleManager.save_bgm_and_bgs    BattleManager.play_battle_bgm    Sound.play_battle_start  Autosave.call if $game_switches[ToddAutoSaveAce::AUTOSAVEBB] == trueend  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Call Menu Screen  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def call_menu    Sound.play_ok    SceneManager.call(Scene_Menu)    Window_MenuCommand::init_command_position  Autosave.call if $game_switches[ToddAutoSaveAce::AUTOSAVEM] == trueend  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Preprocessing for Transferring Player  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def pre_transfer    @map_name_window.close    case $game_temp.fade_type    when 0      fadeout(fadeout_speed)    when 1      white_fadeout(fadeout_speed)    end  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  # * Post Processing for Transferring Player  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------  def post_transfer    case $game_temp.fade_type    when 0      Graphics.wait(fadein_speed / 2)      fadein(fadein_speed)    when 1      Graphics.wait(fadein_speed / 2)      white_fadein(fadein_speed)    end    @map_name_window.open  Autosave.call if $game_switches[ToddAutoSaveAce::AUTOSAVETM] == true  end endend

gameguy199

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Use this version, the main one is outdated. This version allows you to use these commands in a script call. Make sure to credit both me and ArkLennard.

Autosave.callAutosave.load 
still doesn;t rename the file.

and now it doesn;t save when i walk into a new area.

did not fix anything.

Ozuma

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello Casper!

First I would like to congratulate you for the great work.

I would like to use this script of yours, but just need a part of it:

I want the autosave is the ONLY way to save the game. In other words, there is only one save slot, and I'll EVENTS IN call Script (DataManager.csca_autosave :) save)), and the player will be informed that the game was saved.

Thus, I put false at all the options to automatically save even more for the Title Screen "Load Autosave". I want the conventional option "Load" to load the autosave!

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad english.

Todd

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If I have some free time I will. No need to apologize for your English it's actually very good but my name is Todd. 

Ozuma

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hey Todd!

I do not want you to think I'm rushing you or anything, I just gosaria wonder if you can do something about what I had asked, and if you have any idea when to get ready.

Sorry to call you "Casper" the first time kkk

And thanks again.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Holy cow... work is demanding and I'm back in college. I'm kind of scared of my dad right now after the incident, but at least I don't live with him all the time. Anyway, working on Fandom Scouts and my FNAF character set. The FNAF sprites are actually going to be used in the game... unfortunately the enemy sprites are FNAF World traces, so no sharing those.
The honeymoon period is over with Cyberpunk 2077, It sadly doesnt live up to the hype, pretty graphics arent everything (especially when I cant even do something as simple as changing the radio station over!). Replaying Breath of the wild has reminded me what a good game really looks like, plus that one has good glitches!....
Ami

Maybe...a Drinkable Water Plant or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harmit