StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been using tiles from Opengameart.org (all edited by me). And most don't have autotiles that fit RPG Maker's layout. And it hasn't been turning out very pretty. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Bad Autotile.png Here's an example. The autotile attached is resized by 300% from 16x16.

Outside_A1.png

shockra

Slightly Crazy Programmer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're close, but a little off. Think of the autotile system as 2x3 tiles in a sense:

1 2
3 4
5 6

From what I can tell, area 2 is where the problem is. That section should be a cross-shape instead of an individual tile. This link should lead to an article that explains more in depth how the tilesets work.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tiles in the top right corner of each group are incorrect.

Look for the blog articles that talk about how an autotile is made, to see what should be there. Or look at the default tiles to see how they're formatted. You need to start with a full water tile, then fill in just the corners with the land (don't join the land between the tiles)

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I made it into a cross. But it still looks strange? Just realized the grass is off on the last animation.
Bad Autotile.pngOutside_A1.png

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here you see your problem, this is how you find out how to fill the upper right tile you have trouble with. In your case, this should do it (have not tested it though):
1589790579377.png

Also you will need google translate, but Maru has this nice tutorial you should give a look:

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Avery, your visualization was perfect and solved the problem! Thanks so much!!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

BCj
Finished another GUI! Turn indicator wasn't made by me.

ff981f8dc50b03cf58038c644334b454.jpg

3cb092fdc00087acfa0a190fd891f0ed.jpg
Added a small refining scene to my game.

It makes sense that you try to focus on the squishy mages at the back of the party first, right? If the mage can out-DPS the enemy DPS before the latter can kill the tank in front, the fight becomes boring.
finally got footage of my main character running around the main hub world. I've fixed a few things tho even since this video unsurprisingly lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ristopaasivirta