Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
For those of you who own Pyxel Edit I've made a template for four sizes of autotiles. These templates aren't going to be useful in anything else, but in Pyxel Edit they're set up so that you can see different test configurations as you draw and make sure everything matches up the way you expect it to, then you can copy and paste it into your tileset file. Since Pyxel Edit is a pixel program it's not going to be as useful in creating non-pixel styles. Sorry.

Autotemp16 and autowall16 are for making 16x16 tiles that will later be doubled or tripled in size, like POP! Horror, Time Fantasy, and Old School Modern tiles. These tiles could be used in VX, Ace, and MV. You'll have to resize them on your own.

Autotemp24 and autowall24 are for making 24x24 tiles that will later be doubled in size for use in MV. You'll have to resize them on your own.

Autotemp32 and autowall32 are for 32x32 tiles like in VX and VX Ace.

Autotemp48 and autowall48 are for the 48x48 tiles in MV.

Attachments

Last edited:

PlayBoyMan

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you so much for these.

IAmJakeSauvage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a little off topic but thanks for introducing me to this program - I like it so much better than Graphics Gale.

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Once you've completed them you export the image and then crop what you need? Or is there a way to export only the autotile part you need? PyxelEdit is amazing btw, just like you said. I'm in love for auto-tiles.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like to just copy it and paste it into a new document in GIMP.

bhindi1224

NOT Indian Okra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sharm: I had the free download version and either it didn't have the select tool, or I didn't see it. I'm the proud new owner of the full version now. One thing I'd like to say is that by using your template, I learned everything I need to know about how autotiles work really quickly. Doing is better than reading any day! :kaoblush:

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yeah, I don't think the free version has a selection tool. I guess you'd have to export and crop in a different program in that version. It's an extremely early build, the latest one is vastly improved and much, much more stable. You're going to enjoy it even more now, it's got loads of good stuff. For instance, I find the palette features to be crazy useful.

Allan Bays

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For those of you who own Pyxel Edit I've made a template for three sizes of autotiles. These templates aren't going to be useful in anything else, but in Pyxel Edit they're set up so that you can see different test configurations as you draw and make sure everything matches up the way you expect it to, then you can copy and paste it into your tileset file. Since Pyxel Edit is a pixel program it's not going to be as useful in creating non-pixel styles. Sorry.

Autotemp16 and autowall16 are for making 16x16 tiles that will later be doubled or tripled in size, like POP! Horror, Time Fantasy, and Old School Modern tiles. These tiles could be used in VX, Ace, and MV. You'll have to resize them on your own.

Autotemp32 and autowall32 are for 32x32 tiles like in VX and VX Ace.

Autotemp48 and autowall48 are for the 48x48 tiles in MV.
Thank you so much! I love Pyxel Edit and these will help a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I like being a butt to people.
Dirtnap wrote on Tyler Warren's profile.
Hi Tyler,

My name is Sean, I am the owner of an indie studio, and I am looking to get some paid art work done. I am working with MV, but our programmer will be heavily modifying it.

If you are interested, or would like to hear more, I can provide my personal e-mail address.

S.G.
The stream will be live shortly with some more Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by~
Its Chinese new year today! Happy year of the rat~
just got back from the doctor about my back - 3 -)~ will know in a week or so's time how bad the problem is. Overall doing better though! not hurting so badly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esogard