Status
Not open for further replies.

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I am new to IG Maker and have been following user Ray's tutorials, which I have found inestimably useful. However, this latest tutorial has given me some difficulties.

After downloading the "tutorial autiling" file, I found that the tiles don't register as they do in the screenshots; instead, they appear with an overlaid grid, which means that when I click on "Autotiling" and then go back to canvases, nothing happens (see attached screenshot below).

Would someone please tell me where I went wrong? Thanks in advance.

autotile.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Kain Vinosec

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This post was moved to the normal IGM forum because it is not a tutorial.

RayRayTea

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
None
Primarily Uses
Try to redownload the file.

I think I uploaded the wrong file when I accidentally deleted that folder a few weeks ago, I put the right file back there. Sorry about that!

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I finally got around to re-downloading the file, but again it appears the same (i.e., with an overlaid grid). Any ideas?

RayRayTea

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
None
Primarily Uses
The overlaid grid doesn't matter, it's just how IG Maker shows the division of tiles (you can tweak it under Top Page / Environment Settings, or turn it off if it bothers you). Did you go to the Action RPG / Canvases after downloading the file and started drawing with grey tiles as per tutorial?

What you should see there is a small "floor" like this:

剪贴板图片 (3).jpg

pinnedmoth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
My bad. It works perfectly. Thanks. Thread can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Azihayya wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
Magus avatar homey!
Getting back into the thick of work on Untold Story and it feels great to be back. I'm gonna take what I learned from the Game Jam and try and get some serious work done for the rest of 2021.
The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
Hope it's good.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Napster