Avalibility's Platforms For RPG Maker MV

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by Kupotepo, May 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kupotepo

Kupotepo Fantasy realist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Most of us aware that RPG Maker MV can import to Window, Linux, Android, Mac, and HTML. How about Amazon Appstore? I saw that Amazon allowed Android and Web mobile. How about PlayStation 4? I saw that RPG Maker MV software publishes on the PlayStation Store. How about Xbox Live?https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/14/18265214/microsoft-xbox-live-ios-android-games-support-features
    Possibly in the future for us here import our game as PC without use RPG maker mv Nintendo software, next Android; then into Nintendo Switch (I know some of the moderators you go against this idea) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/about-rmmv-for-switch.102901/
    Nintendo is still developing and I hope it is a success.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/developer-turn-nintendo-switch-into-android-tablet/

(So you can games can be available in different stores and everyone can play your game lol)
    Is anyone has experience about that and people are sharks?:kaohi:

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  2. mathmaster74

mathmaster74 Games Master Mind Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kupotepo If you "import" (I think you mean deploy?) to Android, your game becomes an apk. This much, I have experience with. If Amazon Appstore's "allowing" Android means they permit you to put your apk there, then...yeah...Amazon's an option, I would think. With regards to the Playstation 4, having RPG Maker software "publish" (again, deploy?) on Playstation store would mean there has to be a deploy option for this. If your RPG Maker MV engine is on the Playstation (not sure if such a thing exists) then it seems like this would be more likely as a deploy option, but my guess is any RPG Maker games on Playstation store were picked up by a publisher with the cross-platform know how to port the game over. Still, I've seen some pretty impressive and ingenious things from this community too, so...maybe there's something else for me to look into. :wink: Concerning XBox Live, the article you link says developers will be able to add XBox Live features to their games using an SDK from Microsoft. If adding XBox Live features means getting your title on XBox Live, then that may open this up. Otherwise, you're not in their catalog, just accessing some of their features for your game. Regardless, if you're looking to be featured on console, you'd best have gamepad capability, which I know is available. Best! (And if I am a people who is also a shark, make mine Tiger Shark! Lol! :stickytongue:)

3. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 Great Sorcerer Ainz Ooal Gown-sama Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can't really deploy directly to consoles, but I suppose you could deploy your project, put it in an unity/UE4 project and deploy for console lol.

4. ??????

?????? Diabolical Codemaster Veteran

First Language:
    Binary
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    both ps and xbox are capable of displaying a webpage in full screen. thats all an mv game is. figure out how to display a webpage as a ps/xbox game app and have it load a specific html page. should be do-able, never done it myself for those platforms though.

Dreadshadow likes this.
  5. Dreadshadow

Dreadshadow Lv 38 Tech Magician Moderator

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]

Wait a minute. Who hates what?
    To be honest I don't understand what you are talking about but as long it isn't against any of the rules, I see no reason to get alerted and no matter what, it is FAR from being hated by anyone.
    You are just discussing possibilities to export to other platforms than the default possible ones. Am I right?
    Am I missing something here?

Edit:
    Well technically modifying a Nintendo Switch to be an Android device, probably breaks its EULA. The fact that it might have such an EULA makes it a device I wouldn't buy if I wanted an android device in the first place. Just saying. So, it runs Android. SLOW. So you will be thrilled if someone plays a js game made by RPG Maker, on his Switch, through a slow emulation of Android? Well I would not, what is the point? Why not play it on your smartphone?

About Amazon, I know nothing, I got no opinion. About Xbox, well same thing as Switch but even worse. Why bother turning Xbox to an android device??? You can play on a smartphone, a tablet or guess what? A PC!

So here is a philosophical question here. What is the point?

Second edit:

Yeah, microphone dropped here.

6. Kupotepo

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dreadshadow, sorry, I might use the wrong words and I might misinterpted. I think you didn't think it is a good idea to do that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
  7. mathmaster74

mathmaster74 Games Master Mind Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    o_O:confused:

8. Dreadshadow

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ohhhhhh! NOW I get it.
    Why not make a game using your PC version of RPG Maker MV, then use a web browser from ANY platform to play it?
    What is the point here? What are we discussing?
    The MV for Switch is not a Degica Engine. Technically we should not talk about it here on this forum and also thanks for bringing up that thread from earlier.

9. Kupotepo

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @mathmaster74, I wrote a thread on Amazon Fire with my big fingers at a hospital. Now I write on the computer. Sorry for writing like a drank.

@Dreadshadow, I just bring it up because RPG Maker MV by NIS America, Inc. is not part of Degica Engine. It is just trivia. Not more not a thing less. :kaoangry:

In the future, a developer is working on turning a Nintendo Switch into an Android tablet. Degica will have to decide EULA to allow or not allow people from here licensing the right to deploy on Nintendo Switch.

10. Dreadshadow

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    To do what?
    I even regret speaking for an engine not being made by Degica. Back then I was a young mod and I regret taking part on that discussion.

[​IMG]
    I am actually ashamed.

Edit:
    Degica has a product. You can make games on it, by using it on PC or Mac.
    You export a game.
    Wherever the game will be used is irrelevant. Someone correct me if I am wrong, maybe @Archeia, or @Touchfuzzy but Degica doesn't care what you do with the game. As long as you put it on a browser, ALL PLATFORMS THAT HAVE A BROWSER CAN PLAY IT.

What is the discussion here man, I am still confused.
    NINTENDO SWITCH HAS A WEB BROWSER!
    It doesn't need to convert to android to play MV games.

11. Kupotepo

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Dreadshadow, thank you for answering some of my questions. In the future, the Nintendo store will allow Android games ( The Switch Boots Android) to be deployed there. I think it would get a better resolution.

I thought, for example when you are playing your RPG game on your phone's browser on your phone. It is not fullscreen and a player has to zoom the screen. Am I wronged? Is anyone tested?

12. Dreadshadow

First Language:
    Greek
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Okay. Now we are on a good road on what this thread is all about.
    Can I ask one question? Why do we need that information as long as all game platforms that can browse the internet can play our games? :)

Legally?

"I think it would get a better resolution."
    Ah that one! The emulation is slow. It might get more resolution at a very high cost if you want my opinion.
    Not sure about smartphone low resolution, we shall wait for someone else to answer to that.

Kupotepo likes this.
  13. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This is not a Support question.

Closing this.

?????? likes this.
Thread Status: