Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Ok so context:
I added a series of tilesets into the game and went through them all in the database to make sure they all worked as they should. It's a mixture of custom and preset tilesets. Everything seemed to be working perfectly and I built a really nice town that I'm super proud of. I put some events in for image purpose, gave guards custom routes, etc. and loaded the game to walk through the town. But when I transitioned from my world map to the town, I found I was stuck. I could turn around, but no matter what I did I couldn't move to a different tile.

I double checked every event and nothing was on autorun. I deleted them all just in case, but still no change. I then went to the database to double check the road (one of the ground/A2 tilesets) which to clarify was actually a preset tileset, and compared it to one of the default ones. After double checking to make sure nothing was different, I tried it again with still the same results.

I don't know if it's the tilesets, or if choosing a specific option on a completely random tile on the list will somehow affect the road or what, but I'm completely lost and stumped as to how to handle this.

TILESET IMAGES

A1: Inside_A1 (preset)
A2: Outside_A2 (preset)
A3: Town_3 (custom) [ ]
A4: Outside_A4 (preset)
A5: Outside_A5 (preset)

B: Town_6 (custom) [ ]
C: Outside_C (preset)
D: Town_2 (custom) [ ]
E: Outside_B (preset)

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tilesets themselves aren't the issue. Did you check the passabiliy settings in the database? Sometimes I get stuck like that too and once I found a tile that had been set to counter.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you can turn but not move, it's likely the passability settings.

Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are you referring to the ability to switch a tile from X and O in the tileset section in the database? Because I had made sure that it was set to O. And if not, what do you mean by passability?

Hyouryuu-Na

Very very lazy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's what it means. But there's a few more options. Did you check if counter is set to a small dot? Did you put any transparent, impassable B-E tiles on the ground by mistake? Just to be sure, you can take the very first B tile and draw over the part you can't walk on. That tile is the eraser.

Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The ground tiles the avatar walks on are currently:
Passage: O
Ladder: No (*)
Bush: No (*)
Counter: No (*)
Damage Floor: No (*)
Terrain Tag: 0

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you show a screenshot of the tileset in the editor as well as the passability settings in the database?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Tile sheet B, first tile (i.e. top left corner) should be set to Star passability, with no graphic on it. Do you have that? If it is not star, then you mess up all the passabilities on that map.

Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Just made the top left a star and it worked. I don't know why that affected it, and if anyone knows why it does that would be awesome, but regardless thank you very much Kes

Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sweet, this is really helpful. Thank you very much Andar!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adra