RMMV Avelions 5 - God Realms

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by cradth, Jul 19, 2018.

1. cradth

cradth :) Veteran

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    PVGames creates dozen ground decals, I make custom tilesets from these assets. Almost 80% graphics in Avelions 5 is made by editing, largely a matter of personal likes and preference. I purchased some cool stuff from PVGames and I really love it so far. :) The same goes to sprites and the other graphics. Thanks for liking the game maps! These praises almost gave me wings to fly and that's more dangerous than those hentai naming scheme! lol

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  2. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Just checked their stuff a few minutes ago. Look like assets from their older 2.5D games which, i assume, can't be re-used on newer engine or anywhere so they decided to sell them as 2D assets. These resources still look good nonetheless, especially if you know how to modify them as you are currently doing. Did it take long to do that at all? I tried to make some high resolution (900x500) sprites with a lot of details, and they took time, like, a lot, lol. It cost me about, if i remember correctly, 1 hour and a half just for 3 frames, and that was just a standing pose with a few movement here and there, then i got bored and left them unfinished for months. And honestly i totally forgot about its existance til now lol, i think i will show it to you when draw a few more frames. Gosh, doing sprites is really hard work, that's why not many people do it nowaday.
    By the way, keep flying dude, i want you to fly. Just watch out for the birds.

cradth likes this.
  3. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yeah, the bird is the boredom itself, sometimes it's getting a bit tedious to do things like this, even if it's a hobby. Trying my best not to fall and left the projects. XD I couldn't agree with you more. Starting a new one is pretty easy, it's the most fun period. But finishing is a whole different level, it's a long ordeal with very little joy involved. In Avelions 5, setting too much goals is what I fear the most (It's a bad thing, but I don't know why, I keep repeating this.lol). Thank you so much for supporting my games. If you have any correction or suggestion, I would love to hear more from you. Let's improve our skills together and trade stuff someday. :) It's nice to hear that you make sprites too, that's awesome, dude! Please let me know, once you finish it! *PS, I'll endure criticism too, don't hesitate to drop some if you have any.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    phamtruong1992 likes this.
  4. phamtruong1992

phamtruong1992 Mage Art - Green Dragon Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No sweat dude. Believe me, i'm a honest person. I will tell the way things are exactly how i think about it. Right now i haven't played any of your games yet so i can't provide more helpful opinion but like i said, i'm more than ready to play your first Avelion 5 demo. Btw, i suggest keeping our chitchat on private message to avoid dilute your thread lol. We can talk as wild as we can there.

cradth likes this.
  5. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Yep. Just like I said, except the fanmade ones, my games need a lot of improvements in storytelling, it lacks nuances and such. I'll do my best to improve that in Avelions 5, (that's why the game progress is pretty slow). Sure, why not. Let's talk there.

*Sorry for late reply, been busy lately, increased workload and built new pc at the same time, XD

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  6. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hello, sorry for being lazy lately. Here's a major update before the game demo is released.
    Let's take a look!

Gameplay Update~

[​IMG]

I added a new mini game called Triple Duels - Card Battle.
    The battles are based on strategy+card skills combo, so prepare to put your best deck
    to this 3 on 3 duels. Approx. 10-12 cards will be available in the game demo.

+++

Map Update~

I fixed the shadows below the trees and put more plants on map. Also, I added new HUD
    that shows Stamina, Action Points (AP) bar , Magic Power (MP) and Menu Shortcut.

7. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  8. cradth

First Language:
    Indonesia
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Avelions 5 - God Realms Demo v1.00 is out

Features

+ 1~2 hours gameplay
    + Battle System test until you fight the first Boss
    + Game Menu 70% done
    + 3~6 Major locations are available
    + Avelions 1 ~ 4 Reminiscenes
    + Virtual Trainer test

etc

Here's the direct link (Google Drive 500MB+) :

it's a technical demo so it's a bit short, like under 2 hours long.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Kvothe likes this.