imascribble

The Dinosaur Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks, Avery! Your stuff is amazing! I especially like the animal sprites and the mimic :)

SpiralSigil

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is that a battler of actor 2-4 I see?

You sir just earned yourself a free game whenever I finish it.

^.^

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I have a suggestion, Avery dear. Since you have so many (many, many!) icons, what about making sales cases for them.

(somewhat like these:

http://tokkuritomattari.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-113.html)

You could have a set for a modern day/ future sales area, or an old time one with a table with edges rather than the usual flat table.

Just a thought for fodder for the imagination, dear. =]

Last edited by a moderator:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Remember my pretty horse?

When I made it I planned to do a lot more with it, but well...

At least I found the motivation to one of my ideas, something I have really missed in RPG Maker games. You have horses, sometimes you have wagons, sometimes (but not that often) people ride the horses, but that's it.

Here is something to add more (farm) life to your games x3

4esxc2iw.gif

kluhkpdm.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Brilliant, truly brilliant.  Thank you so much for these.  They are destined, I'm sure, to be a highly popular addition to people's resource collections.

RocketKnight

Broke with expansive taste
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Avery can you make a horse battle version?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Nice! Will they go north and south too?

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Here is a small bunch of edits of the RTP witch I made for some requests about that char:

A captain version of the witch, and because I had to remove her witch hat for adding the other hat properly I have also a hatless version for you^^ All with matching face and also two emotions for her normal face^^

x8jn9e9v.png

yorhw5dq.png

Eh, I guess I will not work on the horses in the next time, sorry.

Edit: Besides the restaff-stuff, the start post has been updated

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey Avery, I love your stuff. Especially like the raccoon but my favorite is the Spaghetti Monster. Put wings on it and LOL. Great stuff, anyway. I really like your icons. They are beautiful.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Ahhh! Arteria's droid! fantastic! And btw, your restaff Portraits are getting more and more wonderful every time, Avery.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
So many things I wanted to write here and now my brain is just like "a dragon lady, lol".

Well, I spent several hours on this set but I am proud of how it turned out.I thought of a literally man-eating dragon hybrid (maybe a weird love story, maybe a magical accident, maybe an ancient goddess) who lives in a cave and eats all the knight who come and try to defeat her.

As you can see everything is mostly heavily editited from the RTP although I had to draw for example all the scales from scratch.

I just wanted to make something random, pretty and useful.

Thanks to Dalphy, Nio and slim for bearing my spamming with "look, I drew another line of the bust!" and similar things.

wksv5vgy.png

6la5kxqu.png

qxej8dur.png

lt32w52y.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And not just the statues - that battler is great, the pose, the detail (love the foot) the colours.  Yeah, with a bust and sprite to go with it, it's a must for anyone doing front view battles.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Oh-so-nice! Good for any kind of atmosphere, fantasy, scary, friendly... very versatile.

Well done.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nicely done, with very useful variations.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Nice wolfy nice wolf... down boy... DOWN!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Last year you found at the same time a cold-blooded horse in this thread (and yes, this is still a legal description of that kind of horse, I swear!) and I had a hard time coming up with my birthday resource for this year.

So I started with a battler edit and drew more and more parts. I like Bats, I like Kemonomimi (you know, a mixture between human and animal, like a catgirl but not bound to cats), I prefer drawing woman/girls and slowly I came to something I am happy about.

In the sketch she was more a princess, But then I thought about a little thief - she can "see" in the dark and fly, so she's perfect for the job.

As reference to the bat princess I added a second version of the battler where she controls a horde of bats^^

And of course - maybe I am the only one - but  a battler alone might be pretty, but it is not as useful as a full set. So I took my time and added a bust and a char to my dear Batty (as I called her).

y5vlcoqv.png
ttye678s.png

e5lzr7cv.png
xfarlvm5.png

Batty could be one of the enemies you encounter on your map and talk to, she yould be one of your heroes, an NPC, a random enemy, everything, because everything is there \o/

If anybody wonders about the upper part of her clothing - on the back there is free space for the wings needed (how is she supposed to stick her wings through holes in clothing, never!) and so her dress is attatched to a collar and that way there won't be any embrassing moments for her when flying and such.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sigh...I can do everything I need for this game but make actual sprites and tile maps for it. Guess I'll look into hiring someone for that
Goes looking for assets, ends up creating memes. I have priorities?
i'm working on finishing an old game in vx ace (the first game i tried to make in vx ace), and it's making me realize how many things i've come to take for granted in mv (like the additional BCDE tile layer and the plugin manager).
It's ma birfday! Gonna chill and work on my project, editing some icons for my compass rn. Later It's pizza and a movie, maybe Blazing Saddles...
I really hope Google stadia/Amazon luna become successful household "consoles" in the future only because I could see it being 1000x easier to get RPG Maker and other indie games on their platforms & if so I PRAY they have gate keepers to keep half baked indie games out of the mix so they don't end up like steam/itch.io with 1000s of incomplete RM projects that continue to give our community a bad stigma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
witch_mote