- Aug 11, 2020
- Reaction score
- First Language
- Primarily Uses
Engine: RPG Maker MZ (If you have strong interest in committing to this project but don't have MZ, I'm open to providing it for you.)
(See Games in Development thread for full details.)
Story: Tired of doing chores "literally" all the time (and literally tired from staying up past bedtime so much), Avery grumpily trudges up the dawn-lit hill behind her rural home. A quest to pick berries for Grandma's pie turns into a trip through the mind of a kid struggling to understand what "growing up" should look like.
Explore colorful forests, spooky temples, winter wonderlands, ancient civilizations, and even outer space as you seek a way back to "normal." Along the way, Avery meets the four idols of her childhood dreams -- Quin, Saylor, Emma, and Ferra -- and they happily agree to safeguard her journey. Cloyingly wholesome lessons ensue, but someone is out there scheming, trying to teach Avery the painful way ...
Gameplay: This is a story/character-driven project (so far), and could use help in the functionality department. Planned features include:
- Exploration of hugely diverse maps, with plenty of collectables
- On-screen obstacles and enemies to avoid -- no random battles or pointless leveling/grinding/equipment (Equipment and levels exist, but are more meaningful.)
- A row- or grid-based battle system where every battle matters
- The occasional minigame or chase scene to mix things up
- Battle system programmer
- General plugin helper-outer
Animated party battlers(filled)
- SFX -- battle animations, cool map overlays (like glowing orbs flitting around a forest)
Character sprite artist(filled)
Music -- I'm happy with the free stuff I've found, but I wouldn't mind a few originals ... and I have the crazy idea of having a few vocal songs since one of the party members is a singer(filled)
I've been solo developing, so ... everything? However, I'm lucky to have come across great free assets from the community as well as a lovely artist on Fiverr.
My comfort zones are writing, marketing, and creativity (i.e. world-building). Guess I'm a bit of a rarity around here. (Terrible programmers unite!)
If you're looking for a trade, here are my strong suits in descending order:
- Dialogue writing
- Story and world building
- Editing and quality control
- Basic eventing
- Basic RTP graphics edits in GIMP (recoloring, frankenspriting)
Why Work With Me?
- You're a responsible person sick of teammates who drop commitments. We won't waste each other's time.
- You appreciate and practice consistent communication. Like an adult.
- The premise of the game interests you.
- I'm a nice person. All nice, talented, reliable people are welcome.