Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
AV4-600x250.png

Get it on STEAM | Get it on Big Fish Games | Get it on Aveyond Games

The Story:

Boyle Wolfbane wanted to rule the world. He failed. Miserably. Forced into retirement early, Boyle now spends his days arguing with haunted trees and scaring off the occasional knight. At least he still has Fang, his loyal storm wolf. Things could be worse. He could have been born a hero.

A few notable features:

•  HUMOR!!!
  •  Recruit minions
  •  Collect magical cheekis
  •  Take part in a night watch
  •  Join a coven
  •  Transform friends into creatures
  •  Discover mist portals
  •  Find Ingrid a husband

The tech:

100% custom coding. The only thing we used in RPG Maker was the map editor.

•  Awesome custom-built battle system.
  •  Battle directly inside maps from different directions.
  •  Taunt the enemies, steal skills, combine skills and so much more!
  •  Awesome custom-built menu system.
  •  Beautiful cinematics!

The Characters:

character-list-small1.png

The Intro:

The Battle System:

The Menu System:

Some Screenshots:

ss-environment-1.png

ss-character-7.png

ss-menu-1.png

ss-battle-1.png

ss-character-4.png

ss-enviroment-3.png

The Team:

• Creators: Amanda Fitch & Daniel Newey
  • Music: Aaron Walz, Joel Steudler, Murray Atkinson, Scythuz, Kairi Sawler, Darren Curtis, Kenney Vleugels, 2014 Darkraven Fantasy Soundscapes
  • Art: Ben Resnick, PandaMaru, Celiana, Ian Schlaepfer, Sherman3D, Alexander Zavrin, eJaw, Lunarea, Ayene-chan, Candais, REFMAP, Crazy Crab, Kalez, hiddenone, VexedEnigma, Sithjester, Avery, Ying, Jason Perry, 7Soul, J. W. Bjerk, Hand Painted Textures, Indrah, Nanokan, Kalez, Charles Hurst, Cait

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah!  I've been waiting for this post :D

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Same here Shaz!

I had the chance to cover this game recently for the DegiGames Blog, and I had a lot of fun with it's unique setting and gameplay.  It's also exceptionally rare for an rm game to intentionally make me laugh, so kudos for that too!  Here's the blog post if anyone is interested in seeing a brief first impressions/overview. I'd really encourage people to check this game out even if, like me, you haven't played the other Aveyond games (yet)  :)  

Also, it makes me happy to see my music being used in such a good game, I hope it was useful to you!

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ooh. I only own Aveyond 3-1.

Do you only use XP? :o

amaranth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Shaz, I wanted to wait until Degica launched the game before posting ... plus, I was a little scared of what people would think of it.  :p

Scythuz, you are an AWESOME musician! Your music gets stuck in my head sometimes. I'm glad you found a few good laughs in the game.  :)

Silenity, this game was made woth RPG Maker XP. XP can handle bigger maps and tilesets better than the newer editors, so we stuck with it. We dissed the scripting engine though and used our own system with Ruby and JSON.

Last edited by a moderator:

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
..the vilains rules...but...but myst is to much cute for being evil!

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Sometimes the cutest are the most wicked!

Just bought it. Gonna try it out, the screens are pretty great! Gotta love that menu system. And nice characters too~

The_Trinity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are the Aveyond games good? I've been looking at playing through the series myself.

amaranth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Try a demo of Aveyond 4 on Steam or Aveyond Games. It should give you a feel for whether the games are for you. I personally like Aveyond 4 the best, followed by Aveyond 1. Each game has a different story, so no need to play them in any order (unless you play the Aveyond 3 games).

Allusion

♕ The Girl Who Lived (for chocolate) ♛
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I just tried the demo, and this game is fantastic! 'Hilarious and adorable' is how I'd sum it up! I love the ambience used for the maps, (the maps themselves are just beautiful! Easy to navigate, nice to look at, well put together!) and the simplistic way the battles are handled was a big plus for me! No random encounters, just a bit of puzzle play before some narratively cued battles. I'm not sure if that's how the entire game will play out, but It'd be fine by me if it did~

The dialogue was among the strongest points, (though really everything is a strong point!) as the characters were witty and so different from each other. Boyle and Fang working together touched my heart; (little (or big?) doggy (or wolfie?) stuck by him after all that time...tears me up. I'm forever a sucker for animal helpers or party members lol.

The menu was so very well done and visually appealing. The wiggling icons were cute to me. (I think virtually everything is cute, so don't mind me~) The custom art was great as well! And double points on the effort behind the cutscenes. (Both long and small--those snippets in the festival were so cool! The bobbing for apples scene, the firework minion thing...everything lol.)

I'll totally be buying the full version ASAP, especially since the creating of shops and potions has me curious. Great job on this!

(Also, how are you guys about cameos? I totally think I'd have a spot for Boyle or maybe the Raven Lord in my game if you wouldn't mind? It's going to be a freebie, and the mini-quest gears are-a-turnin'! \~0~/ )

Last edited by a moderator:

Helladen

Deviant Designer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I am not a fan of this style, but this game definitely has a lot of polish. Good job with it.

RupamOntherocks

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Bengali
Primarily Uses
Design and tech are totally different from it's previous parts. That makes it far better. Each character has a special ability, that's awesome. Aveyond is my all time fav RPG game. As i said earlier, 1 by 1 hit from Rhen to Boyel.

Puzzles are OMG.

Story is outstanding, for a while I ran into the character of Boyel. Just fantabulous!!...

Maps are so beautiful - 10/10.

All over its very humorous and fascinating.

I have been waiting for Aveyond 4 since I finished playing Aveyond 3 Darkthrop Prophecy in 2013. Well, I thought AV4 was going to be based on "UMA and NOX".

But still, Shadow of the mist is beyond 10/10 for me.

Dymdez

Newbie-in-Chief
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Really really great - can't stop laughing!

DarkKxng101

King of Calamity
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
I played through from 1-3 and the other parts of 3 they were all good but i love aveyond 1 rhens quest the most because it was what peeked my interest in rpg maker:cutesmile::guffaw::troll:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

If it gets 6 degrees hotter we've reach 100
I am finally done making the 'superbosses' in my game!
I'm happy because oh my gosh they were a lot of work, but I'm also sad because I love database work... And also because I loved making stupid powerful bosses ._.
Question for anyone who reads Slip into Ruby or Jump into Javascript: do I sometimes get too "explainy" with the methods/functions? Would it be more useful if I stuck to explaining what the code is doing rather than also delving into minutiae of the technical side of it?
That moment when you try to figure out a color scheme for an alien ship so that it's something other than "Grey on Grey".
It's up for viewing! See what happened when EquestriAlert got tested in 1997... or was it a test? Did somepony hack the system? Or did somepony push the wrong switch? Even Adagio Dazzle (the owner of the channel) has no clue.

Can you put the pieces together? Don't worry, the game isn't over yet! There's more pieces to add on!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowsoul