Queen Bee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great news!

I am finally able to show you the Lover's Rift-Iconset

Dear Lydyn  and I had a nice deal and now she has an full Iconsheet for her project and I am allowed to release the sheet for public use x3

I am very proud about the result, and since the sheet contains excatly 105 icons I am also very proud about another thing:

I have now 2070 (24 pixel, non-mudular) Icons in this thread!
Especially since I just got my laptop fixed, I wanted to post here saying how great of a job Alvery did!~  I hope others can make use of some of these icons as well, since I know it can be difficult to find modern, especially steampunk-like icons. ^.^

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello! Nice icons! :)

I've noticed you have Keyboard icons for F1 and F12:

If it's not too much trouble, could you make icons for F5 and F6 as well?

Thanks! :)

Redweaver

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the big IconSheet, there are various icons for keyboard and xbox buttons, and even a mouse. Would you be able and willing to recolor that mouse to indicate left, middle and right clicks? (Picture of the mouse I mean is in the post directly above this one)

Thank you so much for your work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I found my first released icons (somewhen around 2012) and wanted to remake them, but then I suddenly remembered something I had forgotten for years.

There were even earlier icons. Around seven years ago I started making my very first game project and with no skills and no internet and no practise and no help I... improvised.

I read a lot about people telling that they are not "artistic". Do those on the left look like a talented person made them? (This is a rhetorical question).

Those were (some of) the items in this very first project of little Avy.

So, keep it rolling guys. The first trys are always aweful ;3 (Well, if you have practise with art it's maybe not that aweful xD)

@requests

This is such an easy request that I would  refuse it normally. I really believe that everybody can pick the right colors (you only need three) and zoom in and push those nasty pixels around until they look like a number. I think even a person who didn't practise can do this in a matter of minutes.

I still do not recolor request, none and I won't start with exceptions. Palette swapping is really easy to do, even with paint. You search the colors you want it to have and then you swap them, done.

It might sound harsh, but look where I have started. I want to help with missing icons , if I start doing recolors and easy edits here, too, I'll spend my whole day with (for me) really uninteresting and not challenging at all things. You can learn to do those small thing within weeks and it gives you the abilitiy to improve your game a lot because you then can do those edits for your needs easily and it's a lot less time consuming than always wait for someone else to do it.

I am glad that you like my work and hopefully you won't give up.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found my first released icons (somewhen around 2012) and wanted to remake them, but then I suddenly remembered something I had forgotten for years.

There were even earlier icons. Around seven years ago I started making my very first game project and with no skills and no internet and no practise and no help I... improvised.

I read a lot about people telling that they are not "artistic". Do those on the left look like a talented person made them? (This is a rhetorical question).

So, keep it rolling guys. The first trys are always aweful ;3 (Well, if you have practise with art it's maybe not that aweful xD)
Actually the mp3 player, the stripe tshirt, the pants, the scarf the white t shirt and the red coat(?) are really great.

I am so dummy that I can't even do stuff like that. Well I might be able to do such stuff if I will try but still not as good as these.

And there goes your stunning edits. Wow!

It seems you have walked a very long road to reach this kind of a talent.

Gothic Lolita

YouTube Starlet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

So, keep it rolling guys. The first trys are always aweful ;3 (Well, if you have practise with art it's maybe not that aweful xD
I actually like both of them, because it's not allways about the detail level itself. ;)

Imagine, you would do a Comic game, like I do, then the realistic ones would look bad, same goes for a realistic game with simple icon graphics. ;)

What I try to say, you need to make graphics that fits your game. Either way, both look awesome. <3

Even for my project I would usual use more the simplistic ones, because everything should fit together, even I really like both. :3 (\s/)

Soach

d(=^ω^=)b
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Re-makes look very awesome, thank you for sharing! :)

After looking in "Lover's Rift" section in your iconset I've noticed the earrings looks so beautiful!

Like star earring and the necklaces, I'd wish to make a request for two icons  ;)

One is a moon earring, second is a necklace, just like the earrings:

https://img1.etsystatic.com/009/0/6872022/il_570xN.412142753_46bx.jpg

24x24 size; in ace style  :) Thank you in advance!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you all for your nice words xD

But I am pretty sure I could do the old icons even with the same color amount waaaaay better ;3 So those are not for use, just to make that clear^^' Only the remade ones^^

Here we go with another small set.

First row, chucks, because a dear friend suggested them x3

Second, A pretty gem. I just wanted to make something with those colors and ended up with this.

Third elemental orbs. Magical Balls. Whatever you want to call them. Usable for skills, dungeon loot, crafting, status effects.... My favourite one is the lava/fire one x3

Forth, Soach' request.

Fifth, a German request for a witcher necklace^^

Start post with large Sheet has been updated, so it's worth to check it out^^

Yeah. I passed the 2000 so quickly with the Lover's rift set that I missed making a 2000 Icons special. Damned.

Thank you all for all your feedback, your likes and everything else. <3

And if I'm sometimes a bit harsh, sorry. I don't want to harm anybody.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About the shoes: As always. Incredible work.

The gem is nice too.

Now about the orbs. Just WOW! The night sky and the day is my favorite. All of them though are REALLY fantastic!!!

Jewels are really pretty. But the neclace is not very distinct as moon shape in my humble opinion. Thats maybe because the necklace is a closed circle instead of a cut moon. Hope what I wrote makes sense. Of course this can be super easily be fixed by erasing a few pixels really.

The final necklace is incredible though.

The second orb looks like a paper ball . :p It is beautiful!

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love the boots.  I have absolutely no place for them in my game, which is such a shame.

My favourite orb is the pink spiky one, just because it's fun and made me smile.

Soach

d(=^ω^=)b
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much Avery :D

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, the elemental orbs are a great idea, they'll be useful for sure.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's time to hand out something I wanted to do for a while, but I always thought: Modular potions? That's not possible, I could just make two parts (fastener and the bottle itself) but today I maneged to split it up to three parts and make a concept that (should) work pretty well^^

(~°-°)~ 
~(°-°~)
 ​
 ​
 ​
The last row has to be laid above the other two. You can combine some of the bonus additions, but not all.

It's very late in Germany and I should sleep, but... meh. I don't wanted to leave this unfinished. Sorry for the short description >_< I'll just add them to the start post (you should really check it out, it's very pretty and there is a lot of stuff and I am very happy if you like it) and then go to bed \o/

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is absolutely brilliant.  There is no other word for it. 

I have got all my potions in place for this project, but I can tell you now that these will be making a definite appearance in the next one.

Thank you, and well done.

And, btw, you're right about your OP, it is very pretty.

cygnus flamel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
i must admit that sometimes i just add things to my game just because Avery made an icon of it... like all these new potions i will add ha!

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And we got yet another modular pack this time for potions.

Fantastic idea. Layering them THAT way makes it super easy to change colors, add shapes, stuff like that.

Not to mention that people can take this pixel art and actually make some special tiles for shops.

These are helpful evenin  parallax mapping!

Last edited by a moderator:

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not requesting anything, but I just wanted to tell you that your icons have always blown me away.  I hope that one day that I can be as good as you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZidaneX